Thread: power valve blown?????

IMPATIENT 1
    what's it feel like when the power valve is blown in a boat? i've got a wierd condition with my 850 holley dp where it feels like it looses a barrel for a second then comes rite back, it happens at half throttle on to wot.i overhauled the carb at the start of the season and it only been doin it for the last 2 times out.no water in the carb,timing perfect, plugs look clean(i run no2) and i have 7psi at all times at my carb.any info would be appreciated, didn't want to pull and tear down carb unless it was needed.

Blown 472
    what's it feel like when the power valve is blown in a boat? i've got a wierd condition with my 850 holley dp where it feels like it looses a barrel for a second then comes rite back, it happens at half throttle on to wot.i overhauled the carb at the start of the season and it only been doin it for the last 2 times out.no water in the carb,timing perfect, plugs look clean(i run no2) and i have 7psi at all times at my carb.any info would be appreciated, didn't want to pull and tear down carb unless it was needed.
    What size squriters do you have on it? also 50cc pumps front and back?, got your pump arms adjusted correctly?

wickedfab
    i would plug the power valve and jet it up a bit.
    no worring about blowing them and more consistancy in air fuel imho

502 JET
    If the powervalve is blown the engine would idle very rich and clean up at w.o.t..You would not be able to adjust your mixture because fuel would be pulling through the blown powervalve causing the rich condition.

IMPATIENT 1
    my primaries have a 50cc pump, secondaries have a 30cc. i did install a notched float kit in it a couple of trips before it started actin funny. i guess if it had a power valve blown and was runnin super rich, that would account for what i'm feelin.i gotta work tommorrow, taking the boat and tearing the carb down.something's gotta be wrong.it'll give me a reason to go to the lake and drink tommorrow evenin
    blown, the pump arms are clearanced rite, i checked that.it really feels like 1 entire barrel shuts off for 1-2 seconds then goes to workn again.i have a water/filter seperator infrt. of the pump, inline fuel filter to carb and carb log has a built in filter.maybe something actually got past all my filters?i run 82 jets in the frt. and 84's in the back.i know that's alittle to much jet for a 850, but that's what my plugs liked.

Blown 472
    my primaries have a 50cc pump, secondaries have a 30cc. i did install a notched float kit in it a couple of trips before it started actin funny. i guess if it had a power valve blown and was runnin super rich, that would account for what i'm feelin.i gotta work tommorrow, taking the boat and tearing the carb down.something's gotta be wrong.it'll give me a reason to go to the lake and drink tommorrow evenin
    blown, the pump arms are clearanced rite, i checked that.it really feels like 1 entire barrel shuts off for 1-2 seconds then goes to workn again.i have a water/filter seperator infrt. of the pump, inline fuel filter to carb and carb log has a built in filter.maybe something actually got past all my filters?i run 82 jets in the frt. and 84's in the back.i know that's alittle to much jet for a 850, but that's what my plugs liked.
    Ok, here is what I ran into a few weeks ago, I jetted my carb down as it was a pig, upon which I discovered I had a flat spot while going to wot which the bigger jets were covering up. I looked at the squirters and found I had a 32 on the primary side and a 31 on the secondarys with a 30cc pump up front and a 50 on the back.
    Big hole when I stabbed it and no fuel to cover it up, I installed a 35 squirter on the secondaries and the boat no longer does that and comes out of the hole like a mutha fukka.