Thread: Pump questions

Some Kind Of Monster
    I'm doing some work on my pump before my motor goes in. I have a jacuzzi with the Dominator energizer kit along with a place diverter. There are pins that connect the steering nozzel to the rest of the pump that allow the nozel to pivot. They appear stainless and are about 3/4' dia. I noticed that they stick through a bit too far and certainly restrict the flow of water. The problem is the ends of the pins are flat (90 degrees to the outside) and the inside of the nozzel is angled. So if I were to back them out a bit water will still catch where the bore is. Does that make sense? I can get more pictures later if it doesn't. What do I do about this?

Some Kind Of Monster
    Here is the pump. You can easily see the top surface of the upper pin. It is onr of the only shiny parts on top of the pump.
    http://www.***boat.com/forums/attach...id=14911&stc=1

centerhill condor
    leave it alone. they stick in too far in case one falls out so you can still control the boat's heading. Otherwise the boat becomes an out of control rocket. On helicopters they're called Jesus pins because only Jesus can save you when they come out under power.
    that's the Friday afternoon answer. Hope this helps.

Duane HTP
    You can reach in there with a small air or electric belt sander and contour them to match the nozzle if you have the time and patience. Put some rags or something in the pump to keep the grindings from going inside of it. Will it help? It sure won't hurt, but I doubt that you would ever notice any difference.

Some Kind Of Monster
    You can reach in there with a small air or electric belt sander and contour them to match the nozzle if you have the time and patience. Put some rags or something in the pump to keep the grindings from going inside of it. Will it help? It sure won't hurt, but I doubt that you would ever notice any difference.
    Whelp it took all of 20 mins to bring it down flush so I went ahead and did it (already had the nozel off of the bowl). Is there anything else I can do while I have the bowl off? Clean up castings etc? Sharpen leading edges?

SmokinLowriderSS
    I believe both of those would be good as I think it is part of what a pump shop does when "flowing" a bowl, but I haven't got the experience to dive ya any more ideas. I did those to mine 2 yrs ago, just some "cleaning" to smooth things up a bit, same as I did to the impeller.