Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Unbelievable 25 Eliminator Daytona!!!

rivercrazy
    144mph single engine cat! 1,350HP quad whipple motor with Imco stern drive components. Man those Quad Whipples look like the shit!
    Very original gel coat graphics but I think a few DCB's have had them after this boat.
    [img]http://free.***boat.net/ubb/Avatars/Hot_Boat_Happenings/Boat_Shows/Picture_0191.JPG[/img]
    [img]http://free.***boat.net/ubb/Avatars/Hot_Boat_Happenings/Boat_Shows/Picture_0232.JPG[/img]
    [img]http://free.***boat.net/ubb/Avatars/Hot_Boat_Happenings/Boat_Shows/Picture_0222.JPG[/img]
    [img]http://free.***boat.net/ubb/Avatars/Hot_Boat_Happenings/Boat_Shows/Picture_0213.JPG[/img]
    [img]http://free.***boat.net/ubb/Avatars/Hot_Boat_Happenings/Boat_Shows/Picture_0202.JPG[/img]
    [ February 15, 2003, 10:18 PM: Message edited by: rivercrazy ]

Infomaniac
    Looks like your average pump gas deal to me.
    Holy shit, how do they get that much HP with those big blower drive pulleys? 700 inch engine with 9:1 compression? Manifold exhaust?
    Wish I could read those specs.
    Must have been a very clean lake they tested that thing in.
    [ February 15, 2003, 10:53 PM: Message edited by: Infomaniac ]

rivercrazy
    I thought the engine specs would show up but with the flash, they got totally wiped out. I can't remember any specifics.
    I think if that boat is really going that fast, that is quite an accomplishment with whats under the hood! Not many lake boats could come close to touching it.......

Infomaniac
    I would be interested in those specs.
    I am building a quad rotor 540 now for "Well Done's" 23' Tunnel It will be about 1,000 - 1,100 HP on pump gas driving the blowers a lot faster than that. We will be happy with 120 MPH.

rivercrazy
    Im gonna got back to the show sometime this week. I'll get a better picture then and post it here

pleasantcat
    an article in powerboat or h/b was done about 4 mons. ago. it said that bob teague took it up to 144 on parker strip and due to safty reasons called it good there. it also stated they had more left" when it came to engine and speed. either way, it's one hell of a water rocket!
    [ February 16, 2003, 09:42 AM: Message edited by: pleasantcat ]

andy01
    pleasantcat:
    an article in powerboat or h/b was done about 4 mons. ago. it said that bob teague took it up to 144 on parker strip and due to safty reasons called it good there. it also stated they had more left" when it came to engine and speed. either way, it's one hell of a water rocket! It was in Power Boats 100 mph shoot out. The boat took the "fastest single engine speed run" the last record was 143 in a HTM by Steve. How ever after the run the drive was all done! Rumor has it that the boat was sold for around $150,000 and detuned. That boat has been around for over a year now. Very nice looking boat, I guess it falls under the "$1,000 for every MPH you want to run!
    Andy

Infomaniac
    A very nice boat.
    I wonder if it was tested as is stereo etc. I missed the testing article.
    That thing is way detuned

Havasu Hangin'
    Infomaniac:
    I wonder if it was tested as is stereo etc. I missed the testing article.
    That thing is way detuned Bob said that was as fast as he ever wanted to go in that boat.
    If it is the same boat, it had an experimental drive from IMCO on it, which was promoptly removed after they bested Steve's 143MPH (in an HTM).
    The engine was also a prototype from Phaff...not the everyday offering.
    Of course, that didn't stop the Eliminator folks from marketing it as "the fastest Bravo (style) single engine production cat"...even though it couldn't be purchased "as-is"...
    Last year, it was at the show wiout a drive- maybe Fred didn't want Eliminator to show it for fear of copying.
    IMHO, Phaff is doing some good things these days.

HBjet
    Last year it was at the show without motor and drive. The hatch wasn't even cut.
    From what I remember, that boat was tested without stereo and when it was at the anaheim boat show last year, it was 145k "As Is" then I was at Eliminator and I was told it was sold for more then that, something like 150+k because they added some crap....stereo but who knows what else. Maybe they realized the drive cost more then they thought or the motor.
    Bad Ass though and great color combo! Gotta love Blue!
    HBjet

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast