Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: LHC Water & Sewer Costs

Burley1
    Happy New Year everybody, so is it just me or is the water and sewer costs in Havi REALLY expensive. I and a new home owner 5 months and I have never seen bills like this.
    Now in fairness to the city I have alot of landscaping and a pool and a koi pond but for a weekend home the first bill was $520.00 for one month and the second was $330.00.
    WTF

Havasu_Dreamin
    That sounds like you have a leak somewhere. Our water bill has never been over $90.

Mrs.Racer277
    OMG that can not be right. My first bill was around $30. Now that was before landscaping and no pool. I would have your meter checked ASAP.

That Guy
    It has something to do with the fact that they have no historical rating on your property so you get charged the maximum. I have talked to them and get nothing but mumbo jumbo. They say you can install a second water meter that will measure actual usage, but no one really can explain to me why that will make a difference. My water bills have been similar to yours....

Focker
    I've had a home there for almost two years and our bill during the hottest months with front and back sprinkers going twice a day for 20 minutes each has never exceeded 80.00

ChumpChange
    It has something to do with the fact that they have no historical rating on your property so you get charged the maximum. I have talked to them and get nothing but mumbo jumbo.
    The historical rating on your property is CURRENTLY being monitored. LHC uses the average usage from Jan, Feb and Mar to assess your sewage usage for the remaining nine months of the year. In order to reduce cost for the rest of the year, try and use less water for the next three months. Use your watering system less and anything else you can think up.

GHT
    Our bill is relatively low. Can't remember if we had to pay some kind of deposit when we bought our house? $300.00!!!! I would have to agree with Havasu Dreamin' about the leak..

dicudmore
    me thinks you have a leak too...
    my water bills in Havi run about $25

Bad Puddy Tat
    I have lived in Havasu now for about 20 months. I have a pool and a large sprinkler system ( Over an acre is landscaped and watered) The highest bill that I have paid is $125 You must have a leak or faulty meter

RiverRatMike
    my water and trash here in LHC is about $25 to $30 a month

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast