Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: a DUI in Golden, CO

Cas
    ok, this another one of those real questionable stops.
    Beer baron Coors loses license for DUI
    DENVER - Beer baron Peter Coors' driver's license has been revoked by a hearing officer who ruled the executive had been driving under the influence of alcohol, officials said.
    Hearing officer Scott Garber ruled Friday that Coors did not stop at a stop sign on May 28 and was driving intoxicated.
    Coors, 59, said he had consumed a beer about 30 minutes before leaving a wedding, the Rocky Mountain News reported Saturday. He faces a July 20 arraignment and has 30 days to appeal the revocation.
    "I made a mistake. I should have planned ahead for a ride," Coors said in a statement. "For years, I've advocated the responsible use of our company's products."
    Coors' spokeswoman, Kabira Hatland, said Coors was charged with driving while under the influence. Coors' lawyer, Steve Higgens, did not immediately return a call seeking comment.
    Hatland said that Coors rolled through a stop sign a block from his home in Golden and that an officer stopped him in his driveway.
    In one breath test, he registered a blood alcohol level of 0.073 percent. In a second, 20 minutes later, he registered 0.088. In Colorado a blood alcohol count of 0.05 results in a driving while impaired charge, while a count of 0.08 results in driving under the influence.
    Legal analyst Scott Robinson said drivers with no previous alcohol convictions are usually held to have driven while impaired, rather than the more serious driving while under the influence. A DWI finding can result in a loss of driving privileges for 90 days; DUI can result in suspension for a year.
    Peter Coors "has never even had a moving violation," said Coors spokeswoman Kabira Hatland.
    Coors took over as president of his family's company in 1987 and in 2000 was named chief executive of the brewer, with 8,500 employees and $4 billion in sales in 2003. Following a 2005 merger, it is now the Molson Coors Brewing Co.

KACHINA KEN
    Yeah how chickenshit, if you are in your driveway whats the point of arresting him, cop should have read him the riot and scared the shit out him, I would bet anything Pete fricken Coors wasn't fall down drunk. He has too much at stake to mess around like that.

slink
    Cop must drink Budweiser

KACHINA KEN
    Cop must drink Budweiser
    Slink be honest, would you have arrested him or just chewed his ass real good? Do you think the cop may have had any personal motivation to arrest him? I really do want your opinion on this.
    One more thing, do you know Officer Stu Thompson out of Riverside PD?

slink
    To be honest Ken, I wasn't there and don't have all of the facts. Have I stopped people who were at that point(similar circumstances) and let them call for rides? Yes.
    Have not had the plessure of meeting Officer Thompson.

KACHINA KEN
    To be honest Ken, I wasn't there and don't have all of the facts. Have I stopped people who were at that point(similar circumstances) and let them call for rides? Yes.
    Have not had the plessure of meeting Officer Thompson.
    Cool, thanks for the insight. Officer Thompson ( Stu) is a former BMX racer from way back, super cool guy.

Cas
    based on what was written in the article, it almost sounds like the officer did have something against Peter Coors....in his driveway blowing a .073, which is under the legal driving under the influence limit and then doing it again in 20 minutes.
    Maybe Coors didn't donate to the annual PD Christmas Party?

KACHINA KEN
    based on what was written in the article, it almost sounds like the officer did have something against Peter Coors....in his driveway blowing a .073, which is under the legal driving under the influence limit and then doing it again in 20 minutes.
    Maybe Coors didn't donate to the annual PD Christmas Party?
    Well I was thinking of it from the tangent of the officer wanting bragging rights for arresting a public figure, if I was a cop and I pulled over Senator John Mc Cain in his driveway because he California rolled a stop sign ( which for Mr Coors was in his own neighborhood ) and the Senator was already in his driveway I wouldn't even broach the subject of drinking, I would simply state to the Senator that it is important for him to come to a full stop and then carry on with my patrol. Something stinks about this whole arrest. And by the way, I drink Budweiser and Stella Artois.

lawbreaker2
    I could never be a cop, I just couldent do that to someone, I mean if your falling over stuid drunk then yes, but 1 or 2 beers and your in your own driveway, then I would have given him the big talk, sound to me like a power trip, and we don't need cops like that out there, Just like these cops that pull you over for SHOW of speed from a light or loud muffs, I mean come on were just trying to have a little fun. Now the one that burns me is I drive a truck and I see these signs all over NO JAKE BRAKE on top of hills, But it is a safty device for slowing down a truck going down hill,

KACHINA KEN
    I could never be a cop, I just couldent do that to someone, I mean if your falling over stuid drunk then yes, but 1 or 2 beers and your in your own driveway, then I would have given him the big talk, sound to me like a power trip, and we don't need cops like that out there, Just like these cops that pull you over for SHOW of speed from a light or loud muffs, I mean come on were just trying to have a little fun. Now the one that burns me is I drive a truck and I see these signs all over NO JAKE BRAKE on top of hills, But it is a safty device for slowing down a truck going down hill,
    Yeah they have the no Jakes in affluent neighborhoods, I just give em a good BRRRAAPPPPP when I go by, fuk em.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast