Thread: Hey Info I need your .02

jlnorthrup122
    I am currently working on the design of a 25, cat that I plan on building out of aluminum. I am currently tosing around engine and drive Ideas. today I am leaning more toward custom fabbing up my own drives strait out the lowest point possible of the sponsons at the transome I'll get a pic posted so I don't haveto explain. but I was thinkin of runnen 2 outdrives out the ass end like in the pic and I am at a point were I could run 2 small blocks or run one big block. What do you think abkout this?
    Thanks Info I have seen your posts on hear and it seem that you know your shit when it comes to power. wink

jlnorthrup122
    Heres the drive pic.
    [img]http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/503/610shaft_out_drive_01-med.jpg[/img]

jlnorthrup122
    I haven't got to calculating the displacement andother calculations yet. But here is a link to a post with pics of the plans on it. 25' cat post

Infomaniac
    The DCB 26's run pretty good with 1 big block.
    Build a big engine and put a pulse drive on it.
    Link to Pulse Drive
    I can fix you up with the engine.
    I have a good recipe for a blown small block also if you want to do two.
    [ June 06, 2003, 01:18 PM: Message edited by: Infomaniac ]

jlnorthrup122
    Thanks info Sorry to throw shop talk at yah. I'm not sure but I think on big block would be the way to go plus it would leave plenty of room to get around to it to work on it. but on the 2 small blocks you got that harmony of 2 engins purrin out back like yen and yang but them you have the headache of sincronizing then as close as possible. once agoin thanks for your .02

jlnorthrup122
    hey what kinda money would I be spendin on a 100 + mph big block from yah? me mailbox