Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Blown Jet Records Falls

American Turbine Man
    Blown Jet Records Falls Dan Kirkman in Awesome Toy #555 runs 7.23 / 154, 7.28 / 148, 7.03 / 157 & 7.15 / 159 at the IHBA race at Dexter Reservoir in Lowell, OR. What is unusual is that he did not break one jet pump part. His jet pump is a complete Dominator built by Dustin at American Turbine. He should get the Record if the IHBA officials can find their P&G tester to verify the engine size.
    ATM

jweeks123
    congrats to dan kirkman! very impressive. what fuel does the motor use?
    why is it unusual not to break any jet parts???
    jw

Thats haulin ass, congrats to those involved!!!
    What hull is he running and do you have any pics of the boat?
    I got a call from a friend who was at the Oklahoma race, he said there is a daytona with a blown motor running in the higher 7s in 6500 ft. of air, not too shabby either.

svt2224
    Hydro hunter was the name of the daytona, and it was one impressive jet. The air was pretty bad this weekend, around 3900ft corrected during the heat of the day, but nothing a little boost can't fix.

pce680
    Thats haulin ass, congrats to those involved!!!
    What hull is he running and do you have any pics of the boat?
    I got a call from a friend who was at the Oklahoma race, he said there is a daytona with a blown motor running in the higher 7s in 6500 ft. of air, not too shabby either.
    The boat is a EDGE built by Tommy Papp.Dan reset the PCE index for BAJ at 7.03. Ron

UBFJ #454
    A Blown Gas Jet runs Gas, Blown Alcohol Jet runs Alky and, UBFJ/TFJ can run n2o/or nitro, up to 50% (can run higher % if boat is Safe enough for Officials to Approve it ... case by case determination by Officials of Santioning Body).
    While Racers get IHBA Division 1 Points, the Race itself is a CDBA Race not an IHBA Race so Verifying the motor size is the responsibility of the CDBA not the IHBA. Whether or not a new CDBA Record would affect the IHBA Index for that Class, I'm not sure ... Wouldn't think so, but, could (if it does, this year's IHBA Division 1 PCE Points Chase just got "Interesting" to say the least).
    Could we please get the Detailed Pump Specs. ... Impeller Type, Size, Shaft Type, Etc,? ... Given we're in the process of Spec,'ing a new pump for our UBFJ/???, we're interested in the details if you'd care to either Post them up or PM them to me.

pce680
    A Blown Gas Jet runs Gas, Blown Alcohol Jet runs Alky and, UBFJ/TFJ can run n2o/or nitro, up to 50% (can run higher % if boat is Safe enough for Officials to Approve it ... case by case determination by Officials of Santioning Body).
    While Racers get IHBA Division 1 Points, the Race itself is a CDBA Race not an IHBA Race so Verifying the motor size is the responsibility of the CDBA not the IHBA. Whether or not a new CDBA Record would affect the IHBA BGJ Index, I'm not sure ... Wouldn't think so, but, could.
    Could we please get the Detailed Pump Specs. ... Impeller Type, Size, Shaft Type, Etc,? ... Given we're in the process of Spec,'ing a new pump for our UBFJ/???, we're interested in the details if you'd care to either Post them up or PM them to me.
    This is a Blown Alky Jet.Because this is a Div 1 race the BAJ index is reset at
    7.03.The BFJ and the BGJ indexes and records remain unchanged.
    If the records are approved they will be IHBA DIV 1 Records as well as CDBA Records ( DIV 6 ). Ron

UBFJ #454
    Not sure that I agree ... Not being argumentative ,but, given the circumstances surrounding PCE @ Dexter this year, I'll wait to see what CF has to Say.

pce680
    Not sure that I agree ... Not being argumentative ,but, given the circumstances surrounding PCE @ Dexter this year, I'll wait to see what CF has to Say.
    CF has already spoken before the race. Ron

pce680
    Robert Ojeda from CA won PCE in Oklahoma City ,OK today.He also set a SDBA Comp Flat Record of 8.07.
    Two PCE races in one day,thats a FIRST. Ron

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast