Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Actual Wording Of New Ordinance in LH

UncleLarry
    Monday July 19th the ordinance goes into effect...
    Note nothing about dancing on your boat or mooring spaces..
    Offenses Against Public Peace (http://www.411havasu.com/newlaw.htm)

HMF'er
    WOW, and I thought there were already laws in place that prohibited public drunkeness, nudity, fighting, loud noise, etc. Why do they need more of the same?

UncleLarry
    So they say ..... the CITY never had any of these laws it was the state laws they would enforce.. Why do they need city laws? Why do we need any city laws....

Kilrtoy
    Well somebody better let LHCPD know dancing is OK
    http://www.ceridian.com/www/content/...az_hb_2376.pdf

Psycho Squid
    HARVEY SUCKS!!! " Like a Hoover " That's my opinion what's yours.......

UncleLarry
    we can use all your help annoucement tomorrow Monday

CityGuy
    Larry, you're about a month too early on when the ordinance goes into effect. In fact, it will likely officially go into effect on or about August 17 (30 days after posting, which will probably be today 7-17).
    For some reason, probably misunderstanding or misinterpretation, this new ordinance is getting a lot of negative attention. The ordinance is being enacted simply to give the LEOs more flexibility to arrest people who are being so obnoxious that the people around them are complaining. How can that be a bad thing?
    Most folks may not be aware that Arizona state law does not prohibit being intoxicated in public, which can limit the options available to a police officer dealing with a drunk. This new ordinance simply prohibits public intoxication in Lake Havasu City and allows the police to arrest someone who is offending others around them by being drunk, and/or playing offensive music too loud, and/or exposing themselves in an offensive or indecent manner, and/or any number of other offensive behaviors.
    I am sure everyone reading this can think of at least one instance where someone nearby was acting like such a total jerk that they wished the cops would take him away before he ruined everyone's day. Chances are good that the cops were aware and felt the same way about the guy, but unfortunately, it's not illegal to be drunk and act like a jerk under state law. This ordinance changes that in LHC and now the cops can remove the moron who is offending others around him.
    I hope this helps clarify this issue...
    Charlie

Wet Dream
    Monday July 19th the ordinance goes into effect...
    Oh Yeah? Of what year? Today is Monday, July 17th.

bignet
    WOW, and I thought there were already laws in place that prohibited public drunkeness, nudity, fighting, loud noise, etc. Why do they need more of the same?
    B/C they've got nothing else better to do! That's good news about the dancing on boats myth that was going around...we'll see.
    bignet

It's Only Money
    Who decides "reasonable"? Who do you know can be described as a "reasonable person"? This is the morality police imposing their will upon the non-vocal majority.
    Some interesting tidbits:
    From the Arizona Revised Statutes:
    13-105(20) - Definititions:
    20. "Intoxication" means any mental or physical incapacity resulting from use of drugs, toxic vapors or intoxicating liquors.
    13-1402. Indecent exposure; classifications
    A. A person commits indecent exposure if he or she exposes his or her genitals or anus or she exposes the areola or nipple of her breast or breasts and another person is present, and the defendant is reckless about whether such other person, as a reasonable person, would be offended or alarmed by the act.
    B. Indecent exposure is a class 1 misdemeanor. Indecent exposure to a person under the age of fifteen years is a class 6 felony.
    I wonder if jacking off a dog would qualify under this ordinance...didn't one active board member do this publically? I guess he shouldn't do it in the channel.
    If I read the AZ Statutes correctly, the Class 6 felony of indecent exposure in front of a minor requires a minimum of 6 months and a maximum of 1-1/2 years. Just think...a college age beauty who pops that nipple out in front of a 14 y.o. boy can get 18 months! Damn.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast