Thread: Trying not to hurt myself!!!

sifocalpoint
    My dad completely lost interest in his biesemeyer flat so i kind of took it over. We bought it and i posted pics last year, since lost the pics. The guy who we got it from really did a hack job on the inside adding all sorts of interior garbage and stuff, and the motor is way too far back (blown 468 750-800 hp) The hull itself is beautiful mint condition but maybe over winter the inside will get redone, ANYHOW, I NEED EDUCATED
    When im moving along at about 55-60 i have the handle for the plate almost all the way towards the back (towards driver), if i move it forward the nose goes up real high and it gets squirrely. It rides nice and i leave it in that position (towards the back) When i jump on the throttle the nose wants to lift up and wander left and right just a bit (enough to scare me). In general how are these boats supposed to react to smashing the throttle from a crusing speed. I had the gps and it was reading 87 and i had alot more to go but i felt very very uneasy. Anything i can do to get me through this season to take in account the motor being back to far?? MAybe its riding fine and im just a pansy, but this pansy isnt trying to end up at the bottom of the river.
    When smashing the gas down should I keep my foot on the down pedal??
    Any help will be appreciated
    Thanks

My deal is harder to keep under control when you mash the throttle at that speed. You get more bite from the prop.
    I will tell you what I was told. You need at least 1-1/4" down plate. Measure it while on the trailer. From full up to full down 1-1/4" MINIMUM. Burry the plate when getting on the gas.