Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Accumulated Overtime Off: Help me with the math:

Trailer Park Casanova
    Some of the peeps here seem to be at the river all the time because they have what ya call Accumulated Overtime Off at work.
    Ya all know who the Accumulated OT Off king is here in HB's.
    That is, they take time off instead of the money for overtime.
    One drawback is if ya work double time, ya only get comp'd for time and a half.
    One girlfriend of Alice's was raggin' me big time to take Accumulated time off instead of the money. I married well and the xtra sweat equity cash is not necessary anymore.
    It seems to me a bad deal. Is this correct how it works?:
    OK,, ya work your day off, so ya just get a different day off instead, and 4 more hours off for your trouble, rather than see 12 to 16 more hours pay on your check.
    The only net gain is 4 hours off, for blowing your day off.
    Is my pea size brain figuring this right?:
    Ya gain 4 hours off instead of 16 hours pay?
    What's your take? Am I figuring this right? Does it seem like a good deal?

coolchange
    ATO. You make $100 dollars a week. Work 1 hour of OT. Next week you take 1 1/2 hours off and still get your $100 pay check.

core attitude
    ATO. You make $100 dollars a week. Work 1 hour of OT. Next week you take 1 1/2 hours off and still get your $100 pay check.
    Thanks for using me as your example....

coolchange
    I very rarely do this but... ROTFLMAO!

riverbound
    Some of the peeps here seem to be at the river all the time because they have what ya call Accumulated Overtime Off at work.
    That is, they take time off instead of the money for overtime.
    One drawback is if ya work double time, ya only get comp'd for time and a half.
    One girlfriend of Alice's was raggin' me big time to take Accumulated time off instead of the money. I married well and the cash is no BFD anymore.
    It seems to me a bad deal. Is this correct how it works?:
    OK,, ya work your day off, so ya just get a different day off instead, and 4 more hours off for your trouble, rather than see 12 to 16 more hours pay on your check.
    The only net gain is 4 hours off, for blowing your day off.
    Is my pea size brain figuring this right?:
    Ya gain 4 hours off instead of 16 hours pay?
    What's your take? Am I figuring this right? Does it seem like a good deal?
    If money truly is no BFD...why dont you just get a part time Job at mickey D's???
    Would you like fries with that??

Trailer Park Casanova
    If money truly is no BFD...why dont you just get a part time Job at mickey D's???
    Would you like fries with that??
    I'm taking early retirement in 5 months at 97% + full bennies for life and 4 % COLA.
    With no Onion dues, transportation costs, bennie deductions,, my net take home pay will be higher than I'm pulling now. Even more than when I pull a few OT shifts.
    If I work until Jan,, the wifie & kids will then be vested can pull my pension and medical until she dies.
    The men in my family live until about 62, the women in her family all live beyond 103.

blackcloud75
    I have heard of some people who can work an OT shift(let's say it's a 24 hour shift)....
    ...... they work that 24 hour shift, instead of the OT compensation($$$$$),
    .......they get 36 hours of "Compensation Time" to use as they choose(i.e. Vacation leave)
    Example: Work 24 of OT(no $$$), Off 36 hours on Vacation
    That's just what I have been told............ :rollside:

slink
    I have heard of some people who can work an OT shift(let's say it's a 24 hour shift)....
    ...... they work that 24 hour shift, instead of the OT compensation($$$$$),
    .......they get 36 hours of "Compensation Time" to use as they choose(i.e. Vacation leave)
    Example: Work 24 of OT(no $$$), Off 36 hours on Vacation
    That's just what I have been told............ :rollside:
    I've heard the same thing. But what are these 24hrs shifts you speak of? You mean you guys get paid to SLEEP/COOK/WORK-OUT? And the US Supreme Court says you can even have Playboy's lying around the firehouse? Damn, what a racket. Do the tax payers know about this?

Essex29
    I've heard the same thing. But what are these 24hrs shifts you speak of? You mean you guys get paid to SLEEP/COOK/WORK-OUT? And the US Supreme Court says you can even have Playboy's lying around the firehouse? Damn, what a racket. Do the tax payers know about this?
    you work? :rollside:

slink
    you work? :rollside:
    I'm not the one spending 12 days at the river.....FOCKER When you going back? Finally getting some time away this weekend, looks like Thurs-Mon, keeping my fingers crossed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast