Thread: oil filter adapter

When taking a closer look at my oil filter adapter there are cracks in it. I'm going to buy a new one and noticed some have a bypass and some dont. Should i run a bypass or not? The original had peice i had has one, it also had ports to hookup a external cooler. I havnt been a able to find the same one at summit or jegs.

73WriedtCustom
    They have some things here... http://www.cpperformance.com/products/Oil/default.htm That might work?
    Mark

GofastRacer
    Summit and Jeg's both have billet adaptors with no bypass, don't need that crap!..

texas-19
    What GoFast said,you want all your oil filtered,no bypass,no cheap filter either.

Any recommendations? I dont really need anything blink since this tucks up into the block for the most part. the 456-511 from rex looks like it would work fine but it looks a bit skinny, My current adapter is about 5" tall has a bypass and remote oil ports. the part that bolts up in there has a hole on the side that lines up with the block. i cant tell if that billet oil bypass eliminator has one.. or will work for a mark IV BBC.
    I'm just looking for something that's decient priced, strong, will do the job and keep a good seal.

The 456511 is just a part designed to replace the stock GM cast bypass unit that the filter screws onto. It has reliefs machined in the side to clear the oil passage (don't show in photo).