Did a mock up of my Procharger using a spare 454 motor tonight. Glad I did because I found out some hoops to jump through. Intake side is barely a thumb's width from the number 1 header primary with the over the transom headers. Should prove to be interesting coming up with an intake tube of sorts.
My Holley heads have 7/16 coarse holes on one end of the head and 3/8 on the other. Mounting system is set up for 7/16 bolts but on that side of the engine the small holes are facing forward. Picked up some stainless 3/8 bolts so I could mount it but not sure I trust it.
Procharger supplies 3/8 fine bolts to mount the lower pulley to the crank dampener but of course I needed coarse. Trip number 2 to the local hardware supply.
And finally, the blower housing itself doesn't clear my valve cover. I scoped it out and I can modify the valve cover and have it repolished but it's just a bummer to have to do.
None of it is a huge ordeal but I was hoping that my only problem would be the header clearance. I wonder if I could remake the blower mounts so they make the unit ride farther out and down from where it sits now. Grabbed some pics but I have to wait until tomorrow to get them downloaded at work. Will post them then.
:cry: <<<<<<<< My emotional state.