Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: procharger

Big H
    Did a mock up of my Procharger using a spare 454 motor tonight. Glad I did because I found out some hoops to jump through. Intake side is barely a thumb's width from the number 1 header primary with the over the transom headers. Should prove to be interesting coming up with an intake tube of sorts.
    My Holley heads have 7/16 coarse holes on one end of the head and 3/8 on the other. Mounting system is set up for 7/16 bolts but on that side of the engine the small holes are facing forward. Picked up some stainless 3/8 bolts so I could mount it but not sure I trust it.
    Procharger supplies 3/8 fine bolts to mount the lower pulley to the crank dampener but of course I needed coarse. Trip number 2 to the local hardware supply.
    And finally, the blower housing itself doesn't clear my valve cover. I scoped it out and I can modify the valve cover and have it repolished but it's just a bummer to have to do.
    None of it is a huge ordeal but I was hoping that my only problem would be the header clearance. I wonder if I could remake the blower mounts so they make the unit ride farther out and down from where it sits now. Grabbed some pics but I have to wait until tomorrow to get them downloaded at work. Will post them then.
    :cry: <<<<<<<< My emotional state.

Unchained
    Might catch some flac for this, but this is what I would do if it was made legal for a K circle boat. Pick the appropriate blower, mount it on the back and drive it off the crank/flywheel side 1 to 1. DEFINATELY lighter and would lower the center of gravity in the boat (better for turning) and would likely make more power. I know it's not typical, but it would work!
    Hey that's messing with nostalgia and we can't have any of that.
    Next thing someone will want to run EFI and that will be the point of no return.

Jspeeddemon
    Running a Procharger at 1:1 would decrease th boost significantly for mine has a 5.5 crank pulley and a 4.0 Procharger pulley feeding a 540 bbc, made gobs of power and torque from 3000 on up, peak power at 5800 and belt slippage became a problem. Motor made 1000 hp by 4700 with 1125 at 5800, torque was a 1000 ft/lbs at 4000 and peaked at 4800 at 1120. The hp and tq curves were really flat throughout, not peaky, which is good for a boat.

TJS
    Big H,
    I have been following this post on the procharger set up for sometime now. I am redoing a Nordic Jet. I am in the process of building a BBC for it now.
    I want to go procharged as well. I want to fabricate my own brackets as well cause of the exact same header problem you are having, but I do not want to notch out my valve covers though. . Do you have any pics of your mock up. I am converting a tunnel ram to EFI right now and
    will also be making and air/water intercooler for it as well. I would like to see a build up of the fabrication of the brackets you are doing. Thanks.
    T.J.
    you can see some of my work here.
    www.tjsperformance.com

Brian
    I didn't like the stock mounting setup for the M3 system I bought (second hand), so I made my own brackets to get the blower out further where I could run a good air filter. Also made a bracket for the other side that would mount the intercooler, steering pump, reservoir, and fuel filter. There are a couple of pics of what I have done so far in this thead:
    http://www.***boat.net/forums/showthread.php?t=99656
    -Brian

xs ultra
    Nice machine work! From what I hear so far the ,the prochargers kit is far from bolt on ready.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12