Thread: Rex Marine Rocks!

bighead
    Right before Christmas I ordered up a Complete new steering system for my boat and most likely I screwed up when placing the order as it is for a starboard mount and mine is portside. It was the Teleflex safety quick or something like that, Anyhow the cable only goes in one way and this simple fact was not discovered because I did not read the instructions. after spending Half a day on this as My boat has a covered engine and pulling the log was required as was removing the thru hull fitting, a lot of pain in the rear work for a cable change-moving to the helm portion and installing that also took some fun fab work also as my boat is open bow so the dash area is packed and the new helm Control was not as deep as the old one so it hit the gauges etc Then I find out that when I turn right she goes left!!! WT F over. so after reading instructions and realizing my mistake I call Rex and am a PriCK to the guy on the phone when he says send back the parts for a refund. I got pissed because no way was I going through all that ,I was not nice to this poor fellow at all. He takes my name # and calls back to inform me that he will be sending me the adaptor today.Great service from ReX to an asshole like me. I did apologise for my rudeness when he called back.Thanks Again Rex, you Guys Rock!

On behalf of Jason here, you're welcome, glad we were able to find a fix.

lucky
    Right before Christmas I ordered up a Complete new steering system for my boat and most likely I screwed up when placing the order as it 11 for a starboard mount and mine is portside. It was the Teleflex safety quick or something like that, Anyhow the cable only goes in one way and this simple fact was not discovered because I did not read the instructions. after spending Half a day on this as My boat has a covered engine and pulling the log was required as was removing the thru hull fitting, a lot of pain in the rear work for a cable change-moving to the helm portion and installing that also took some fun fab work also as my boat is open bow so the dash area is packed and the new helm Control was not as deep as the old one so it hit the gauges etc Then I find out that when I turn right she goes left!!! WT F over. so after reading instructions and realizing my mistake I call Rex and am a PriCK to the guy on the phone when he says send back the parts for a refund. I got passed because no way was I going through all that againI was not nice to this poorfellow at all. He takes my names # and calls backto inform me that he will besending me the adaptor todayGreatservice from Ret to aasshole like me. I did apologise for my rudeness when he called back.ThanksAgainRex, youGuysRock!
    did you order it out of a Catalog ???? lmao

bighead
    Nope, over the phone. I have however learned to ask a lot more questions and give a lot more into when ordering parts. I Guess I thought I was a pro at steering because I have done 2 of them in the last couple months. Plus who ever reads the damn instructions first? Now I am laughing too!

lucky
    Nope, over the phone. I have however learned to ask a lot more questions and give a lot more into when ordering parts. I Guess I thought I was a pro at steering because I have done 2 of them in the last couple months. Plus who ever reads the damn instructions first? Now I am laughing too!
    I was just ribbing mike --- On a serious note -- he has my bussiness ...

robk
    Right before Christmas I ordered up a Complete new steering system for my boat and most likely I screwed up when placing the order as it 11 for a starboard mount and mine is portside. It was the Teleflex safety quick or something like that, Anyhow the cable only goes in one way and this simple fact was not discovered because I did not read the instructions.
    Yikes! Which part Teleflex part number was this? I just ordered one myself, but from some shop in Florida... My helm is also on the port side.
    Rob

dmontzsta
    yeah they do. It just sucks the owner took all the spam out of each section and created a "spam forum". he sucks!

wsuwrhr
    Rex, Rex,
    He's our man, if he can't do it, noone can!!!!!!
    Brian

atxwrangler
    when i ordered my teleflex steering cable for my boat, i hooked it up and everything was bassackwards just like yours,i just removed the steering shaft/ thingy from thegear box,flipped it around to the other side , put it back through the steering wheeh hole, and it worked the way it should!forgive my not so proper terminology,i hope i didn't confuse you!