Thread: Planning for a new motor.

Danhercules
    Now that I got the perfect boat for me, now I need to build the perfect motor, ok ok, engine.
    I want about 700 to 750 hp. That should get my TPR 21 tunnel deck to about 75 or 80. My boat is heavy. I would like somthing that I dont have to adjust valves or anything like that. Can this be done and how?
    Now, witch way do I go? Build a big moster blower motor and run it low PSI to keep thing together? Run a 500+ ci naturally asperated (sp)? Go twin turbos? I wanna put a lot of low RPM hrs on it. Lots of crusing.
    Next thing is how much is this gonna cost? I wanna keep it under 10k. Can this be done?
    I have a gen 6 454 mag in there now. She is about 400 hp. I am spinnin 4900 RPM. Do I keep this block and build it up? I know nothing about chevys, and just a little about Fords. I kinda wanna switch it to a Ford just cause I know a little aobut them. The whole gen 4-6 thing really confuses me.
    What ya all thing? I wanna hear your ideas.

Blown 472
    Single four blow thru dealio with a cintrifugal supercharger. Hot rod took a crate motta a few years ago and did that and made a shitload of power with it.
    http://www.stevemorrisracingengines....-pictures.html

dmontzsta
    Have High Flow Dynamics build you a big inch naturally aspirated Ford. I am sure Paul could come up with a nice 700+hp motor, pretty easily. My 429 is going to be a little below that and ran on av gas. Paul is the man, but you already knew that!

GofastRacer
    What's the saying "how fast you want to go, how much you want to spend"

502 JET
    Take a look in the spam section the thread twin turbo gale banks info for a smoking deal on a pair of engines there is a link to an ebay auction.I would put a link up but I cant figure out how to on this IMAC.

Flip
    Take a look in the spam section the thread twin turbo gale banks info for a smoking deal on a pair of engines there is a link to an ebay auction.I would put a link up but I cant figure out how to on this IMAC.
    Click me! (http://***boat.net/forums/showthread.php?t=121771)

Now that I got the perfect boat for me, now I need to build the perfect motor, ok ok, engine.
    I want about 700 to 750 hp. That should get my TPR 21 tunnel deck to about 75 or 80. My boat is heavy. I would like somthing that I dont have to adjust valves or anything like that. Can this be done and how?
    Now, witch way do I go? Build a big moster blower motor and run it low PSI to keep thing together? Run a 500+ ci naturally asperated (sp)? Go twin turbos? I wanna put a lot of low RPM hrs on it. Lots of crusing.
    Next thing is how much is this gonna cost? I wanna keep it under 10k. Can this be done?
    I have a gen 6 454 mag in there now. She is about 400 hp. I am spinnin 4900 RPM. Do I keep this block and build it up? I know nothing about chevys, and just a little about Fords. I kinda wanna switch it to a Ford just cause I know a little aobut them. The whole gen 4-6 thing really confuses me.
    What ya all thing? I wanna hear your ideas.
    I know where there is a complete long block, heads assembled but not bolted down on a 605CID platform for $8500. Now it is 13 to 1 engine, you could take the pistons out put in some dish pistons, remove the solid roller and put in a mild hyd roller and you could easily have 700 HP on pump gas turning no more then 5400 rpm.