Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: My son goes into the Army...

BigDoug
    This was a tough week for Richelle and i, my son left for boot camp at fort Benning in Georgia.
    Im very proud of him and his decision to enlist but scared he may do a tour of duty in Iraq.
    He scored very high on his asvab test and enlisted in the "Special Forces"
    Any other parents out there share this same feeling ? ......................Doug

shadow
    This was a tough week for Richelle and i, my son left for boot camp at fort Benning in Georgia.
    Im very proud of him and his decision to enlist but scared he may do a tour of duty in Iraq.
    He scored very high on his asvab test and enlisted in the "Special Forces"
    Any other parents out there share this same feeling ? ......................Doug
    Congratulations my friend! tell your son we are all proud of him and thanks!
    Thanks to kids like yours,Is the reason we are able to do the things we do.
    Doug & Richelle when he comes home to Havasu lets give him a great home coming and a huge thanks.

Bruddah's Gal
    i would like to give your son a big thank you as well!!! thanks to the people like your son, we live in the best country ever!!! THANK YOU and god bless!!!

Devil's Advocate
    A very honorable quest....may God bless him in his journey.

Flyinbowtie
    Our eldest just completed a 3-year hitch in the Army last April.
    Nephew is currently an E-5 serving in Korea, right on the DMZ.
    Your feelings are absolutely normal.
    BCT is a tough time for the family as well as the recruit; but it will go by quickly. If you can, attend his graduation Ceremony. It isn't a cheap trip, but you will be glad you did. We certainly were.
    Don't expect much more than a 24 hour pass for him after Boot, no matter what he was told going in.
    Be proud. You have a right to be. And you also have the right as a parent to be just a little more than you normally are in the worried dept. Completely natural. Good luck to him, and all the best to you and your entire family.

pebo
    BE proud.. We have two sons in the Armed forces. He made a good choice and will come back from basic a changed man. I know the worry deal. My oldest just returned from Irac after a year tour. Has re-enlisted for another 3. Hes an E-5. Younger son in the A Force returned from Korea after a year. Both enjoy there jobs.
    For sure to go to his Graduation if you can. A very proud moment indeed. Congats to your son on the SF mos.

SHAKEN Not Stirred
    Tell him thank you on behalf of my entire family........
    CJG

centerhill condor
    if he can cut sog, he can do anything... rest assured he'll have the best training the world has to offer. When he comes back he'll be built like a 100 penny nail... and a grateful nation's thanks you!

purrfecttremor
    Wow outstanding He is now one of our countrys best!! Give him a big hug from all of us.

RitcheyRch
    Congrats and God Bless him. Sometimes wish I had joined the service.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast