Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Intake hanging too low...

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
    I just micd the front of my intake and its hanging .280 below my keel. I know that it isnt right. I have talked to several people and most said to gring it down to match the hull and others said to pull the intake and reset it. what shoudld I do?

Cole1313
    I just micd the front of my intake and its hanging .280 below my keel. I know that it isnt right. I have talked to several people and most said to gring it down to match the hull and others said to pull the intake and reset it. what shoudld I do?
    You just need a new boat. ahahhahaa. By the time you get that boat working the 2006 season is going to be over. j/k

Cole1313
    and bye the time you sell your cole its going to be 2015...............
    Easy there 460, get back to where you belong.

Sounds like the perfect excuse to pull it, machine it for a shoe and rideplate and then reset it properly.

Thats almost a 1/4inch,quite a lot. I was going to say if your fast enough, to where you could benefit from a spoon or preload bubble on the bottom, you could rectify the problem that way. I seems you may have no other choice, thats alot to grind off, it's much easier to reset the intake, no to mention, the goodie you can add, while it's out, ie: shoe, ride plate, set-back. Oops did I say that?? keeps us posted...
    Sleek

MikeF
    If you really,really,really,really,really,really,really, like that hull......then I'd say do it. :220v:
    Once you reset the intake, now the engine is gonna need to be aligned to the now correctly aligned pump. Gonna need new motor plates/mounts/redrilling stringers.....and so on.
    I'd save the $ you'd spend on the "fix" and sell yours and find one that is already correct and buy that one. It would be the easiest way out. :boxed:
    Bad Kachina, bad, bad Kachina. (such as your dog named Kachina that just pooped on the carpet........why did you do that!?) :crossx:

MikeF
    Just grind it out. :mix:

you can just shim the motor up if you have a rail kit, no big deal.Lift the jet 1/4", lift the engine 1/4".
    If you like the boat then do it the right way. There is still plenty of time.

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
    Ok so if I pull the intake then how do I reset the intake? I have never dont that before. Could someone please explain this to me....

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
    you can just shim the motor up if you have a rail kit, no big deal.Lift the jet 1/4", lift the engine 1/4".
    If you like the boat then do it the right way. There is still plenty of time.
    I am going to install a railkit so thats no biggie. I am just lost on the lifting of the intake. I might be considering the shoe and rideplate kit as well. I spoke to dan nelson he said it takes alot of motor to run a shoe. He said If im running 81mph with the pump like it is then leave it. I just dont like the way the intake is hanging down like that. Kachina did a bad job of setting the intake like that......

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast