Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Intake hanging too low...

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
    Just out of curiousity, what does a cavitating pump feel like
    It slows then you feel it speed up. Kinda like letting off the gas. Then you see the r's go up... I saw about 200-400 rpm increase when it was cavatating...

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
    That sounds reasonalble, but with your impeller it kind of cancelles that out. Too many problems to direct it definatively at one thing.
    Very true but there was an issue before the impeller condition.....
    From what I am hearing a shoe is a bandaid for a poorly loading pump.I really don't think by doing these things you will gain anything except a quicker plane time.
    Ok so who said this jim??? I would like to know,im just curious. Thats new to me!!!
    I no your not trying to be the fastest or you would have Nelsons BBF in there.
    I do need a new boat anchor.......Hmmmm very good idea :crossx:

Aluminum Squirt
    I can't comment on if a shoe is a bandaid, but I have seen a lot of white water boats with no shoe or loader running in the 110's. I'm not a very good sorce of info because my aluminum boat isn't all that fast. My set up is very basic. Take this over to the Eagle racing forum and see if anybody has any comments over there. We can't have anything delicate hanging below our boats, it would get torn off on the first sand bar.The fast guys use spoons, no loader, no shoe, but our boats are extremely poor performers out of the hole. I'm not sure if that's more related to our nozzle set up or the intake set up, but its worth asking. There are some very helful people over there, they just don't tolerate the drama we get over here on occasion-Aluminum Squirt

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234