Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NJBA Safety issue Hydros Parachute

Willis
    July 19, 2006
    :argue:
    Hello people,
    Just wanted to give the NJBA Hydros’ Owners a heads up on that “un-clear” issue about parachutes being required equipment.
    First of all I want you to know that the cost of this upgrade in safety equipment was at the top of the list when the decision was made to require all Hydros to have a “Marine Grade” parachute for boats that travel the ¼ mile in 8 second or quicker et.
    The NJBA will give more time to its members to get the equipment installed. (More info to come with the newsletter).
    Throttle stops must be installed immediately to prevent over-travel or bent linkage that will impair the return process/or stick in the open position.
    All fuel injected engine with butterflies must adjust the butterflies in such a manner that the butterfly is not at 90 degree opening, (87-89 digress, more info to come with the newsletter).
    The reasoning was in some applications, the butterflies do freeze.
    Your comments as to how this will improve safety are welcome. They help us to make changes for you.
    Willis

pce680
    What about the September race being on the same weekend as San Diego.
    Was that discussed at all ? Ron

the San Diego date (Sept.) as well as the November date have been discussed numerous times this year. But cannot be changed, thanks to Kern County.
    The dates are set, and will be run as planned as of this point.

Ron Pitts, do you plan on attending any of these upcoming races?

pce680
    Ron Pitts, do you plan on attending any of these upcoming races?
    Yes...Marble Falls,San Diego,Phoenix.

Cool. How did you get into the San diego race without being in the points race? I hear its an invite only race?? Id like to race that event also but Ive only been to one race with IHBA this year.

77charger
    as far as pce goes you might be able to make it to texas and get enough points to make sd there are at least 5 of us who are doing all the races the rest belowhave done one or two so there might be spots avail.CS how does ubgj sound? 7.94 index you might be able to get to run pce and still make the 8 boat count or check the pre entrys like i told you keep trying you never know.
    pgj is 7.95 index

pce680
    Cool. How did you get into the San diego race without being in the points race? I hear its an invite only race?? Id like to race that event also but Ive only been to one race with IHBA this year.
    What class did you get the points in ? We hope to get enough points at Marble Falls to be 8th place in PCE for San Diego.

Top Eliminator, now that I think about it I probably didnt get any points, I went out first round.
    anyways I hear sometimes guys get "invited" with little or no points and Id like to get in if its possible.
    what class in PCE are you running now?
    CS

Johnwithjm
    Top Eliminator, now that I think about it I probably didnt get any points, I went out first round.
    anyways I hear sometimes guys get "invited" with little or no points and Id like to get in if its possible.
    what class in PCE are you running now?
    CS
    Chris did you join IHBA or do the one race and world final deal. If you did the one race and finals deal I don`t think you get any points.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast