Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BBQ island stereo????

core attitude
    We want to put a small sound system in our BBQ island for some ambiance while we're chillin' n grillin'. The most logical thing to us seems to be a car audio set up so we can flush mount the head unit and speakers and maybe throw a small amp or sub inside if we choose. We're just looking for some feed back on the feasibility etc. and info on how to convert from 110 so it works, any ideas?

Havasu1986
    Go to a store that sells them and look at how they do them.

shockwavebd
    I am doing a set up like that right now for our new Island it should be very cool ...going with remote commanders also...all you need is a power converter do a search on line you'll find a bunch

core attitude
    Go to a store that sells them and look at how they do them.
    We didn't see a single one at any of the places we hit when we bought ours.......plenty in spas but none in the BBQs.

vegasriverjunkie
    You can use any car stereo, just put a cover just like the boat setup. On my personal BBQ Island I used a detachable face with a remote. You can go to radio shack and they sell the converters there. There about 100 bucks. PM me if you have any questions.

core attitude
    You can use any car stereo, just put a cover just like the boat setup. On my personal BBQ Island I used a detachable face with a remote. You can go to radio shack and they sell the converters there. There about 100 bucks. PM me if you have any questions.
    Cool, thank you very much.

ROZ
    You can do that, but why? Use the money to run it from your home system and have the same music piped throughtout your property for your listening enjoyment...
    Shit, I have my Itunes playing from/in my office area, patio, and rear pool area playing right now..
    Time to go mow the lawn
    BTW. if you want to know 12v system model numbers, I can get it for you tomorrow.. Comes with the inverter...

BajaMike
    How about just getting one of those ipod boomboxes...
    Like this....
    http://content.pagecomputers.com/images/PC874379.jpg
    Or this....
    http://a248.e.akamai.net/7/248/2041/...nified_125.jpg

Boozer
    You can do that, but why? Use the money to run it from your home system and have the same music piped throughtout your property for your listening enjoyment...
    Shit, I have my Itunes playing from/in my office area, patio, and rear pool area playing right now..
    Time to go mow the lawn
    BTW. if you want to know 12v system model numbers, I can get it for you tomorrow.. Comes with the inverter...
    Can you wire off of a BOSE system affordably? I wired my fathers family room up with a BOSE system. I looked into doing multi rooms with it but can not find an affordable way to make it into a multi room system. He is in the process of building an island bar b q and at this point is looking at going the car stereo route as well due to it being the least expensive way.

core attitude
    Time to go mow the lawn
    Why????? How about 2 teen age kids who will crank the crap out of it as soon as we bail and piss off all the neighbors. Our house backs up to a ravine and in the evening normal conversation carries all the way across. We really just want back round sounds to “set the mood”. We also don't have a “home system”, just a Bose in the sitting room that over looks the patio, I'm not sure that would cut it. What does the 12v system consist of?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast