Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Oil Capacity Question Bbc 10qt Pan

advantage21
    I Posted This In Gear Heads And Got 1 Reply So I Will Try Here. I Have A 10qt Pan Bbc In Myjet How Many Qts Are You Guys Running In The Pan, Not Including The Filter Any Help Please Just Making Sure I Am On The Right Track Here. Thanks.

I usually put 11 qts in. I am running a big oil filter.

Duane HTP
    I usually run them with eight or nine quarts in them. Just so the oil touches the end of the dip stick. Jet boat motors set in the boat at an angle with the front of the motor slightly up. Add to that every time you run the boat, the nose lifts more yet. This has a tendency to put too much oil at the back of the engine when there are 10 or more quarts in the engine and makes the crankshaft run in heavy oil all the time. This can cause whipping and other problems such as oil leaks around crank seals and pan gaskets. Eight quarts are enough to run the engine on.

HBjet
    I usually run them with eight or nine quarts in them. Just so the oil touches the end of the dip stick. Jet boat motors set in the boat at an angle with the front of the motor slightly up. Add to that every time you run the boat, the nose lifts more yet. This has a tendency to put too much oil at the back of the engine when there are 10 or more quarts in the engine and makes the crankshaft run in heavy oil all the time. This can cause whipping and other problems such as oil leaks around crank seals and pan gaskets. Eight quarts are enough to run the engine on.
    Good Advice! I run about 2 quarts less then what the pan holds for the same reasons.
    HBjet

Bense468
    I always ran 9 quarts. Some for the filter. Either way as long as you are registering on the stick your good.

advantage21
    thanks for the feedback i was running 10in the pan not inc the filter and it was kinda makeing a mess so i droped it down to 9 and now it is fine just wanted someone elses 2cents.

Raskal
    just keep puttin it in till it comes out the top and all over the bottom of that nice clean boat :rollside:

Cas
    2 qts less here also

Legal Chemistry
    10qts on on mine w/dual old filters.

MACHINEHEAD
    8qts

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast