Thread: Am I asking for trouble?

lcd jeff
    Next weekend iam going to the AVI. I have a eliminator 236 eagle i/o. I have been reading past post about how shallow the river is around there. I usually go to havasu or mojave but wifey wants to go here with the neighbors who all have skis. My question is it possible to make it from the AVI down river into needles and how long of a ride is it from there to havasu. Any info will be appreciated. Thanks.

JetBoatRich
    probably can not put on the water until 1pm,

78 challenger
    As you pull out of Avi and go towards Needles there is a rock bar on the right side of the river. I found this out the hard way.

Mrs.Racer277
    You have to wait until the afternoon

pixrthis
    boating from Laughlin to the Avi is pretty easy

lcd jeff
    Thank you for the help.

RitcheyRch
    Years ago we launched some lake lice (Sea-Doos) out of Park Moabi and headed towards the Avi and I remember the water being really low and could see tons of rocks. But then this was a morning trip so the water level might have been low.

FREIND OF AA AND TA
    I used to take my 36 outlaw to Avi all the time. Just go when the water is up and stay in the middle and take it easy on the cocktails. My drunk buddies always jacked their props. Oh ya buy a spare prop just in case. Trust me on this.

79 Howard
    I did the Avi launch at about 11 O:clock once, took off towards Needles and made it just past the bridge and tried to float thru the sand bar right past the bridge decided why am I trying to tear up my boat, I stay at the Avi,launch at Needles