Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Force offshore opinions wanted

izquik72
    Been looking around at the different styles of Cats lately
    I was hoping to get opinion's on what a 29 mid cabin openbow would do in rougher water like 3' to 4' of chop.
    I currently have a 22 placecraft and not pleased with waves over 1' What is a good used price for a good clean 500hp low hr boat?
    Thanks in advance all opinions are welcome

UnionJack
    I have a buddy with one and nothing but problems, but you never know

Havasu1986
    My buddy sold his for 95K. Went thru 2 motors in 2 years. OUCH

rlj676
    My buddy sold his for 95K. Went thru 2 motors in 2 years. OUCH
    Was this just bad luck or abuse or what? That sucks for him.

NorCalCat
    Sounds like abuse or a motor form an old builder. They now have an in house builder that does a great job! I have 150 hrs on mine with Zero problems. For the rough water, they are great. We get 4' all the time, just like most cats, stay on top and you will be fine, come off it and you will get the hell beat'n out of you. Over all, I have been real happy with mine. I think they are still the best bang for your buck and a great job in the rigging department.

MOBrien
    Sounds like abuse or a motor form an old builder. They now have an in house builder that does a great job! I have 150 hrs on mine with Zero problems. For the rough water, they are great. We get 4' all the time, just like most cats, stay on top and you will be fine, come off it and you will get the hell beat'n out of you. Over all, I have been real happy with mine. I think they are still the best bang for your buck and a great job in the rigging department.
    Yup, NorCal's boat is well built and the rigging is perfect. Wouldn't hesistate at all to go Force.
    BTW NorCal, get your ass out to B2B this weekend ya focker! Hope all's well with you.
    -MOB

MACH26
    I know someone selling a 2005 29 w/ a teague 800 for 90K...no time on it

izquik72
    The one I am interested in is a 2002 it has a 572 about 750hp.
    tons of stereo equipment about 40 hrs on motor. price is around $75 that seems like .60 on the dollar compared to the cost of this boat new. I was just wondering why this boat would depriciate so much in 5 years.

Cat & Mice
    When Force first came out they where giving them away to get some boats on the lake. The first time I saw them at the LA boat show thier boats where about 30% less then anyone else with same stuff. The guy that is selling it may have just got a killer deal.
    Plus boats where not near as much back in 2002. I am blown away at the prices these days.
    MP

Havasu1986
    Was this just bad luck or abuse or what? That sucks for him.
    Wasn't abuse, just bad luck. Beautiful boat, rode great at 90 mph. Had to sell because he's building a house on the river in Needles. A guy rode in his boat 1 time and whipped out a check for 135K. Bought his big Ford 250 also.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast