Thread: Info on Mid 90's Lotus..?

HammerDown
    Looking for some feedback on a 1996 Lotus Esprit 4/cylinder w/20,000 miles on it.
    Good, Bad, hard to find parts, stay away from it etc ?
    I always liked the looks of the mid 90's car and a white one is available in my local area from a private owner.
    Thanks.

HammerDown
    Nothing...?

shadow
    Looking for some feedback on a 1996 Lotus Esprit 4/cylinder w/20,000 miles on it.
    I always liked the looks of the mid 90's car and a white one is available in my local area from a private owner.
    Thanks.
    PM Darrell's Bro here on ***boat.He's had a couple of them and familiar with
    specifics and values.

spectras only
    If it isn't the turbo model , I wouldn't bother , because of resale value . Difficult to see out of it , and even the window frame obstructing forward view .It's only my opinion and there're lot of crazy peeps liking this Lotus stuff .My colleague had a recent twin turbo V-8 that performed pretty good but still had visibility issues and he sold his. My neighbor has a couple of Lotus Europas [ even worse to see out ] and he's selling them , because got the new Elise and can't have enough of it :rollside:
    Try to find an Ultima GTR with a sbc , that would do circles around the Lotus'

MBlaster
    Thanks.
    The turbo4 can be problematic. Esprits are not known for their reliability, and parts could be a bitch. However they are cool and are great handling cars.
    I'm sure there are some lotus forums on the net for you to research. Personally I'm a Porsche /BMW guy, the german stuff is always solid.

Jbb
    one need not say anything more than....Lucas electrical system....

Tom Brown
    one need not say anything more than....Lucas electrical system....
    There's nothing more impressive to a woman than riding along on a beautiful day with the top down in an MG Midget roadster... the car dies, you pull over on the highway to check a bunch of stuff out, after everything tests fine, you try the key, it fires right up, and you take her home pretending it never happened.

Ken F
    That's why the english drink warm beer-they have lucas refrigerators.

HammerDown
    Thanks for the info...I passed on that car. I'll be on the hunt for a later 90's v-8 turbo