Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: cst lift.... 5150 bilstein shocks

garret
    Bypass shocks would be a huge waste of cash on a truck that never sees the dirt.
    I agree bypass shocks are a waist of money for a street truck.
    Everybody is so egore to go waist money on shit they dont need!! This kit sounds like a poor install and should be looked at by another shop!! I personally have installed several of these kits and have never had a problem!!!!!

TOBTEK
    I agree bypass shocks are a waist of money for a street truck.
    Everybody is so egore to go waist money on shit they dont need!! This kit sounds like a poor install and should be looked at by another shop!! I personally have installed several of these kits and have never had a problem!!!!!
    well......I have heard from alot of people at shops that the pitman and the idel arm are complete junk from the factory, and IF you dont put the heim joint steering and ball joint upper A-arm they ware out even faster. Its going up to So cal super trucks Monday to get all the extra stuff that I was to cheap to buy out of the gate. And have them check out the rest of the previous intstall. Still torn on new shocks, want something that looks good, but dont want or need by-pass or double shock deal. They are putting in a rear air bag system with on board air compressior for when I pull the boat as well.

sigepmock
    Sounds good Toby, Casey and those guys do some pretty good work. Just had my truck there yesterday getting all the bolts re-checked and some rubber washers added to the shock mounts to stop a little rattle I had.
    I don't know what your budget is but I couldn't justify the bypass shocks and I hate the shocks to the upper a-arm set-up so I went with the same Shock hoop Javier and SoCalHD did but with a single King 2.5" shock to the lower a-arm. The Kings were about half price of the bypass's and you can now get them with the black anodizing not the blue, which I think would look pretty clean. Maybe even get them in Orange to match the boat, I know they're doing alot of different colors now.
    Here's a couple of pics of mine with the Reservoirs mounted in different spots, I finally settled on a nice billet reservoir mount of the main shock that replaces the pipe clamps in the second pic.
    http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data...0_0124-med.JPG
    http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data...hocks1-med.JPG
    Probably still overkill for a mostly street truck but when I do take it off-road it rides great and I'm not worried about breaking stuff.
    Good luck,
    Chris

INSman
    well......I have heard from alot of people at shops that the pitman and the idel arm are complete junk from the factory, and IF you dont put the heim joint steering and ball joint upper A-arm they ware out even faster. Its going up to So cal super trucks Monday to get all the extra stuff that I was to cheap to buy out of the gate. And have them check out the rest of the previous intstall. Still torn on new shocks, want something that looks good, but dont want or need by-pass or double shock deal. They are putting in a rear air bag system with on board air compressior for when I pull the boat as well.
    I tow my pretty heavy 29' Shockwave with twins no problem and have no air bags nor are they needed in my opinion. Might be a waste of $$$ on that one.

TOBTEK
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/..._truck-med.jpg
    heres a pic of Javiers heim joint dealio........clean set up. IF you DONT mind me asking how much are those KING shocks? I like the way they look.

sigepmock
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/..._truck-med.jpg
    heres a pic of Javiers heim joint dealio........clean set up. IF you DONT mind me asking how much are those KING shocks? I like the way they look.
    SoCalHD and I both have that same tie-rod upgrade as Javier, well worth the money. The shock hoops front and rear plus the Kings were right at $3000 but a lot of that was labor. I think the shocks are close to $350 each. I also think SoCal Supertrucks can set you up with a King or Fox shock in the stock location, which should give you good performance but for a much cheaper price. There's a lot of Labor in adding the shock hoops to the front and adding the additional cross member/shock attachment in the rear. I am very happy with my set-up and it rides smooth down the road and can handle the big stuff when the truck goes offroad with out breaking.
    See what Casey has to say, I'm sure he'll give you the best deal possible.
    Make sure to post pics when you're done.
    Chris

ecfiffer
    http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data...shockhoops.JPG you know sadly this shot really does SoCalHD's trusk justice. you really have to see it in person. And I think his is a touch more over kill then yours Mock... (but then again I like giving my bro some hell....)

Firewater
    duffster....where did you get the coilovers installed??? I've been looking for someone to do that lift. Is your truck 4wd?

ecfiffer
    duffster.... what kind of lift do you have on there? RCD Fabtech? That is a crazy coil over set up!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast