Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: cst lift.... 5150 bilstein shocks

ecfiffer
    duffster....where did you get the coilovers installed??? I've been looking for someone to do that lift. Is your truck 4wd?
    yeah its 4WD, you can see the front diff hiding behind the Spindle...

Ivan Dan
    Giant hime joints are the ony way to go.
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...55P1010015.JPG
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...55P1010009.JPG
    This is Jay Photoglou's old truck. I think the suspension and lift was all done custom built with uniballs ( :crossx: giant heims).

duffster
    The truck has gone thru a ton of transformations from a standard 6in lift to 4in King Racing coil-over's. But I am sure any good fabricator could handle doing it correctly you just need to commit to have some major cutting torch work done and $$$. The bottom a-arms are stock and the top a-arms are custom with "giant uni-balls" (Thanks IVAN DAN) :crossx:.
    The truck is full working 4-wheel drive and the ride on road and off is very smooth with no shimmy or vibrations at fwy speed. I bought the truck used from a "BIG HB.com KINGPIN" with most of the work already done I'm pretty sure Baker fabrication in Huntington Beach did some of the work from talking to a few people.

Firewater
    Duffster, how long have you had the truck? I'm just looking to get rid of the RCD disco lift and have something that can hit alittle bit of dirt or sand without too much worry (ball joints, tie rods..) I put the Cognito pitman and idler arm bracket and heims to somewhat help the problem.

duffster
    Duffster, how long have you had the truck? I'm just looking to get rid of the RCD disco lift and have something that can hit alittle bit of dirt or sand without too much worry (ball joints, tie rods..) I put the Cognito pitman and idler arm bracket and heims to somewhat help the problem.
    A little over a year and everthing seems to be holding up just fine. No welding needed yet. :rollside:

al cole'holic
    I had RCD and all the shiat in the front end broke religously @ 15k miles..

THEPISTONHEAD
    The 5150 Billies arent holding up to good since there unveiling. Im runnin 7100 resevoirs in front and 5100's in rear and love them. Best money ive spent to date.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345