Thread: Tommy Kinder's

steelcomp
    Any one ever heard of this place? Supposedly a place down on the river about 50 yrs ago?

63stevens
    If I remember correctly Kinder's was located below Riverland on the Cal. side of the Parker Strip

steelcomp
    If I remember correctly Kinder's was located below Riverland on the Cal. side of the Parker StripNot sure...it was some place my dad was telling me that he and his friends hung out back in his day...late 50's.

river redy
    I used to go there when i was a kid north of river shore resort, they used to bring in a truck load of watermelons for the 4th of july, back when on v-drives ruled the river and the start of jets, 21 foot boat was the biggest and no-one could believe they had that big of a boat on the river, my parents still have home movies but i have to find a projector and a garage door with no seams to bring back the memories

V-DRIVE VIDEO
    Kinders camp was my dads favorite spot as well. We have lots of home movies from there.

sawtooth
    Yeah I remember that place, on the cali side of the river right across from Arizona Shores, kiddie corner from the Winners Circle on the other side of the river (if that makes any sence). We used to gas up Dads Hallet flat there and buy ice at the little genral store.....and if we were good some candy and soda pop for us kids. Seemed like all the bad ass flaties and hydros would camp there. I could not wait for early evening when all the fast boats would come down river and make passes by the reeds on the cali side just below Badnochs (sp). We started staying at Arizona Shores in the mid/late 60's and then in the mid 70's we used to stay in a house across from Badnochs......... :cry: Those were the days.