Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Airator on your pools?

KACHINA KEN
    Supposedly it helps keep your pool cooler, how long does it need to run to work? My pool is like bathwater right now and these 115 degree plus days aren't helping.

moneypit
    I cant see how it would help in this heat. Couple blocks of ice and run the hose on the days you want to swim. Just dont dive in to the block of ice!

Jordy
    You're supposed to run them at night and they do help, although not as much when it's still 95 degrees at night. I've been using my spa to cook with as it's been getting over 110 degrees from the heat.
    Supposed to start cooling off though by this weekend. Talking like 104 for the high. Better bust out your winter gear!!

KACHINA KEN
    You're supposed to run them at night and they do help, although not as much when it's still 95 degrees at night. I've been using my spa to cook with as it's been getting over 110 degrees from the heat.
    Supposed to start cooling off though by this weekend. Talking like 104 for the high. Better bust out your winter gear!!
    Dude, anything is better than this. Im a prisoner in my home,

Jordy
    Im a prisoner in my home,
    C'mon now, you should be able to get that ankle bracelet off and set it next to the monitoring station.

NautiTwins
    Dude, anything is better than this. Im a prisoner in my home,
    I just went through this, this weekend. my pool was 99 degrees.. I had a bunch of people coming over and wanted to cool it down. I froze, no joke, 10 1 gallon milk jugs, backwashed the pool and took about 6 inches of water out, then filled it with the hose. Left the airator on all night. She got down to a wonderful, 96 degrees.

KACHINA KEN
    So I am just screwed, period.

TCHB
    Yes if you run the pump (bubbler) at night it will cool the water off. A friend has a big waterfall type pool and when he runs it it cools it down at least 10 degrees in Havasu. When we run our founain the water stays cool due to the evaporation.

Insurance God
    PM or email BlingBling. He is the pool guru.

Riomouse911
    Ya, don't waste the money on it. Freezing the water jugs is a geat idea, and adding fresh water to the pool helps a bit, too.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast