Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ***blowncarrera***

MOBrien
    your PM box is full!!!!!
    Keith's run was lookin really good yesterday and that motor was screaming with that sound only it makes. He rounded the corner in a nice slide/drift and right at the bridge hit the NOS and it wound up to an even more beautiful noise then pop-pop-pop on the limiter...... then to shut-down. Friggin drive let go so no pass. Such a bummer. Keith, if you read this....hope it's not too bad when you get in there for a looksee.

acatitude
    oh man Thats a bummer, it sounded and looked so good on saturday. I was hoping for him to make his normal big number pass...... Sorry to hear that keith.... hope the motors ok...

Robbie Racer
    Thanks Mike. Yeah, that was a bummer about the drive letting go before I was able to make the trophy run. I think the rev limiter saved the motor. At least all the vital signs looked good before I turned it off. I'm pretty sure it's just another prop shaft. That one had 50 hours on it and I had planned on taking it in for a lower gear set inspection next Monday. I think the lower gears get munched after 50 hours and that is a contributing factor to the prop shaft breakage (along with an extra 300 hp of nitrous).
    Ken, you should have run the last run on Sunday and you would have won the Single engine cat supercharged award. Rob Anthony won it with a 105.6 mph run in his 25' Eliminator.

Dave C
    .... only 300 HP shot... he says.... LMFAO....
    when I grow up I wanna abuse parts with impunity just like that.....
    keep up the good work! :crossx: :crossx:

abraman1326
    Damn Keith. That really sucks. She ran so good in the second pass on Saturday. I am so sorry to hear about your drive problems. I sure hope it's not too bad, and only the shaft. Thank you so much for everything over the weekend. I really had a good time. Let me know if you need any help w/ anything. It's really a good education every time I am around you. I feel like I learn so much, so if you need an extra set of hands, let me know, I'll come down and help...
    BRA

acatitude
    hope the motors ok Keith....... It was to damn hot to stay any longer... Oh well, I ran ok considering the heat and all........ good luck on the drive, what a shitty time to have it break...

abraman1326
    Ken, did you make any passes on Sun?
    BRA

acatitude
    yea brandon I made 1 run up river then put it on the trailer. I dont know what the radar time was, but my gps was at 110 same as saturday when the radar said 106, and that was with my small prop. I never put the labbed one on all weekend it was to damn hot to wrench on it so i just said screw it, it does what it does..... I do kinda wish i had stayed for that last run, but I knew I wasnt going to beat Keith....hell even after he broke the shaft he probably coasted thru there faster then 110 , lol
    thanks for the help Brandon, it was appreciated

abraman1326
    I'm glad you got 1 run in on Sun. Did you collect your $100. How fast did he end up hitting? I hope all is well w/ your prop. I am so sorry I couldn't do more to help prevent that on Sat. We did end up yelling at the chump and the Sheriff that were clogging the way to the river. Sucks that it even happend. You should have let me know, I could have changed out that prop for you. I was up for it. Next time, don't hesitate to ask ok. Anyway, it was good to see you, and let's get on the water soon...
    BRA

hot4teacher
    Keith hit 114 as he blew the drive!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast