Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rookie mistake!

superV
    Well I got my motor in with no problem. And all was looking well until I relized I forgot to put the manual Holly Fuel Pump on. So no problem it's in a hard to get spot but ill get it in. Put it in and try to fire motor with no luck hummm. I guess I need to check for the normal shit spark and fuel. Well I got spark but no fuel? Humm I know these pumps take a bit to prime so ill help it out and feed it some gas from a can to get things going. So I do and it fire's for a moment and die's Still no fuel in the filter so I guess ill pull pump off and check it out can anyone guess what I found? argue

Blown 472
    you forgot the ecentric for the fuel pump?

RandyH
    No fuel pump shaft. Just a guess.
    RandyH

superV
    Keep them coming your getting warm eek!

superV
    Im talking this was really dumb! jawdrop

RobR.
    You forgot to turn the gas valve on.

burbanite
    Lines on backwards.

superV
    Your all wrong so maybe im the first to do this but since I did not put the pump on on the eng. stand and could not see in the hole when putting it on in the boat and I failed to see that I put to long of a bolt in the timming cove in the area of the pump and on the 1st crank it broke the pump arm off and is now in the cover somewhere I tried to use a magnet to find it with no luck so im going to take another stab at it tonight if I cant get it out I will have to pull the Motor and pan and pully and alt and the cover ect. ect. Im a Dumb ass for sure

superV
    So what do all think was this a big rookie mistake or what

Just Tool'n
    I know I have made mine.
    Was working on a old Chry one time puting a fuel pump on it, tried & tried to get the pump bolted back on to the block, finally after 5 hours got the bolts started & it did not tight up all of the way.
    Took it back off & saw that I had bent the the rod that was solid steel, that rode against the cam.
    The guy & the parts store said it was impossible to do, but leave it to me to do the impossible.
    Got a new rod & the pump was on in 15 minutes.
    This is why I started selling tools to mechanics intead of using them.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast