Thread: Great deal for a generator

496mag
    So this is the generator I am going to get for my sound system. I cant find a better deal than this so I thought I would share.
    http://www.toolking.com/productinfo....roductid=15503

Premix Junky
    Nice. Anyone know why a normal generator wont work with electronic stuff? I mean, for years, I've ran a Old coleman 5,000 watter and for sensitive stuff just ran a good surge suppressor.
    I can see needing an inverter when going from say 12 v to 120 V, but how come home AC power doesnt need an inverter for PC's etc?

h2oski2fast
    Electric start would be the one option I would want, that one doesn't seem to have it.

IT'SONLYMONEY
    you get what you pay for. the hondas are around 1800bucks. so are the yamahas. i wouldn't trust my boat with a cheep geny. pay the money now or pay big later. just be careful.

KREGER
    you get what you pay for. the hondas are around 1800bucks. so are the yamahas. i wouldn't trust my boat with a cheep geny. pay the money now or pay big later. just be careful.
    Not a bad deal here
    honda EU 2000 $870.00 (http://cgi.ebay.com/Honda-eu2000i-Ge...13QQcategoryZ1 06437QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem)

mbrown2
    I paid less then $1000 bucks with factory warranty online for my Honda...

Cheap Thrills
    Nice. Anyone know why a normal generator wont work with electronic stuff? I mean, for years, I've ran a Old coleman 5,000 watter and for sensitive stuff just ran a good surge suppressor.
    I can see needing an inverter when going from say 12 v to 120 V, but how come home AC power doesnt need an inverter for PC's etc?
    One word "Frequency" Alot of electronics are frequency sensitive.
    The power comming in off the lines to your house is suppose to be at a frequency of 60Hz. meaning that the voltage switches polarity 60 times a second. Although the frequency and voltage may vary from time to time. it is usually fairly steady. alot of generators and most inverters arent a clean stable sine of 60Hz and include alot of weird frequencys . not good for your freq. sensitive devices like TV's, Stereos & Computers. even though you may not have a problem running them off of a generator. A spike strip and a power line conditioner inline with the generator to your freq. sensitive stuff would be a good idea.
    Hope that explained it to your understanding.
    Cheers
    C.T. :wink:

seanv
    how can you mount that in your bilge? cooling and air circulation for the exhaust would be issues. it would be great to have a generator to run the a/c for overnight trips.

Sweet Addiction
    how can you mount that in your bilge? cooling and air circulation for the exhaust would be issues. it would be great to have a generator to run the a/c for overnight trips.
    I need to know the same thing. I know you guys are running the exhaust out the side like its a bilge fitting, but how do you keep the exhaust cool? Need pics or something.