Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Happy with your Labbed Prop?

FASTERDAMITT
    Just wondering if the pepes that spent the $$ for labbing, would you do it again? Did it perform the way you wanted? What did you spend? Before and after comments only please. Not off the shelf jobs.

phebus
    I put a labbed 24p Bravo 1 on my 26' cat (deck boat) with a 496HO, that was running a 24p stock Bravo 1. Rpm with box stock prop during the summer heat was approx 4700 rpm, and with the labbed prop was approx 5000 (boat loaded and heavy).
    Speed increase was approx 1-2 mph max, and planing time was slightly better.
    In my opinion, unless you are running a high performance boat, where each and every mph matters, labbed props are not worth the extra money spent. You just spend extra for a more fragile prop, and end up beating no one anyway.

Ultrafied
    Put a labbed 24 on a 24' Ultra Stealth. Gained 2-3 on the GPS. Needed a spare prop anyway, so I bought a new Bravo I and had York Prop. tune it for me. Total spent, taxes, shipping, etc. $733. Would do it again if I lose it.

THOR
    Yes I am. Best money spent yet. Gained about 2-3 mph and about 300 rpm.

FASTERDAMITT
    Any other takers?

Sweet Addiction
    I will let you know when I get my prop done soon. 24p bravo 1 stock setup. Currently running 4700 RPM speedo shows 60, and my GPS is not working.

Supultlbich
    Put a labbed 24 on a 24' Ultra Stealth. Gained 2-3 on the GPS. Needed a spare prop anyway, so I bought a new Bravo I and had York Prop. tune it for me. Total spent, taxes, shipping, etc. $733. Would do it again if I lose it.
    What were you running prior to the labbed prop?? Are you running a 496 or 496HO?? Just curious because we have an HO with a 24p labbed prop and are thinking that a 26 might get more top end.

Throttle
    i am runnin a 496 ho, had a 26 prop lab finished but have not really had a good chance to compare the differences... My boat was runnin great before the only reason I wanted it done was to get the rpm's in the right operatin ranges for optimum performance. it cost me around 3 bills... headed out tomorrow nite and i will be back from runnin it on saturday, i'll get back to ya.

phebus
    Should push that Cobra into the 60's if youy get it trimmed just right

Debbolas
    River Dave sold us a labbed prop and saved our summer (after we hit the VW at the bottom of the river beyond the Needles Bridge) :crossx:
    It cut the shit out of Screams ankle

I'm sure we go faster

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast