Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Happy with your Labbed Prop?

Throttle
    [QUOTE=Throttle]i am runnin a 496 ho, had a 26 prop lab finished but have not really had a good chance to compare the differences... My boat was runnin great before the only reason I wanted it done was to get the rpm's in the right operatin ranges for optimum performance. it cost me around 3 bills... headed out tomorrow nite and i will be back from runnin it on saturday, i'll get back to ya.[/QUO
    Did you have your current prop machined or did you buy a new one?? If you have a spare 26 I know someone who would like to give it a spin!!!!!!!
    its always a secret... let me know when you want one, I'll try to hook ya up.

Throttle
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by dicudmore
    based on this pic I'd have to say your prop selection is pretty damn close
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...10100_2471.JPG
    I had my prop lab finished, the rpm's are up with no change in the speed (gps matches). I hit the rev limiter now (where as never b4) and still have room in the throttle. This may benefit me more in the heat of summer, otherwise I will be going back to the prop I was runnin before.

BajaMike
    A good prop guy should be able to lab your prop to give you:
    a: better hole shot, less bow rise, better acceleration
    b: better mid-range, less cavitation in turns
    c: higher RPMs, more speed
    Not all of the above....tell him what you want, a labbed prop should always help performance over a factory prop(but not always more rpms/speed). :idea:
    :rollside: :rollside:

Throttle
    i wanted the rpm's because as we know they drop off in the heat, i never had a problem meeting the speed range i wanted to be in, however i did not want to lug my engine. so i increased the rpm and hopefully in the summer i will have balanced everything just right (since I still have room in my throttle right now)

phebus
    The most logical reason for a labbed prop. Getting your rpm's to be optimal given the conditions you are boating in.

Throttle
    The most logical reason for a labbed prop. Getting your rpm's to be optimal given the conditions you are boating in.
    mornin rick... u feelin better yet?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123