Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bridge To Bridge --- What A Difference A Day Makes

Chris Ayres
    What a difference a day makes guys and gals. Leading up to B2B I set a personal record for incoming calls on my phone and personal requests. I really was feeling wanted. Now, no one loves me. ALL KIDDING ASIDE I WANT TO THANK EVERYONE WHO PARTICIPATED IN B2B 2006. Your efforts are what make this unique event a special day for everyone.
    We were treated to some very special times, sights and sounds. I have had a chance to check out some of the feed back, and pictures, and I think we pulled it off in less than ideal conditions. THANKS TO ALL FOR HOLDING UP UNDER THE HEAT AND HUMIDITY.
    All of you with great pictures send me the best ones that capture all of the speed, spirit and energy associated with all aspects of the event. Personal shots of people in compromising positions are accepted.
    THINK ABOUT THIS===========What would everyone think of future B2B events having all of the official racing action on Saturday even if we finish at 7 in the evening if necessary? We could have the awards party after the event on Saturday. Friday would still be the poker run and Sunday would be a swim day for those that want to hang out and enjoy the area.
    LET ME KNOW ----
    CONRATULATIONS TO ALL PARTICIPANTS AND A BIG HAND TO ALL OF YOU WHO HUNG IN THERE TO RUN FOR YOUR CLASS RECORDS.
    MORE LATER----------CHRIS :rollside: :rollside: :rollside: :rollside:

grads2112
    THINK ABOUT THIS===========What would everyone think of future B2B events having all of the official racing action on Saturday even if we finish at 7 in the evening if necessary? We could have the awards party after the event on Saturday. Friday would still be the poker run and Sunday would be a swim day for those that want to hang out and enjoy the area.
    LET ME KNOW ----
    :
    I think that would be the ticket. Its usually 100+ degrees every B2B and by Sunday most people are suffering from heat stroke.

unleashed
    What a difference a day makes guys and gals. Leading up to B2B I set a personal record for incoming calls on my phone and personal requests. I really was feeling wanted. Now, no one loves me. ALL KIDDING ASIDE I WANT TO THANK EVERYONE WHO PARTICIPATED IN B2B 2006. Your efforts are what make this unique event a special day for everyone.
    We were treated to some very special times, sights and sounds. I have had a chance to check out some of the feed back, and pictures, and I think we pulled it off in less than ideal conditions. THANKS TO ALL FOR HOLDING UP UNDER THE HEAT AND HUMIDITY.
    All of you with great pictures send me the best ones that capture all of the speed, spirit and energy associated with all aspects of the event. Personal shots of people in compromising positions are accepted.
    LET ME KNOW ----
    CONRATULATIONS TO ALL PARTICIPANTS AND A BIG HAND TO ALL OF YOU WHO HUNG IN THERE TO RUN FOR YOUR CLASS RECORDS.
    MORE LATER----------CHRIS :rollside: :rollside: :rollside: :rollside:
    Definitly was a great event. I think your idea for poker run friday and speed runs Saturday all day till whenever is the best thing I've heard yet. Alot of people like to leave Sunday to get back to there normal lives(If you can call them that)on monday. Especially us So. Cal. guys...we dont like to fight that monday traffic coming back from up north. Needless to say we all appreciate your efforts putting on this event. I dont think you can beat the logistics...everything from restaurants, lodging, boating all in one location makes this one of the best poker run/events around. The turn-out was lower than last years but what do you expect with that horrible Humidity this year. Once again 2 thumbs up for a perfectly run event!
    Deano
    Unleashedclothing (http://www.unleashedclothing.com) :crossx:

seanv
    heck, i never payed much attention to this event until this weekend. i know i'll be lookin into going next year.

John.
    Chris,
    I thought that you did an awesome job pulling off this event. If you're open to requests for next year...it would be nice to get one of those giant canopy tents on the barge at the south end of the docks. It's a huge area and I think more people would hang out there and watch the races if there was some kind of break from the direct sunlight...maybe even have some beer sales there too.

FullUp
    Chris you did a great job. Man do you handle problems well which lets everyone have a great time.
    Next year consider having the run for the trophys for the B & C groups Saturday afternoon and the A group Sunday morning . You should be able to finish by 11:00, trophys at 12:00 and departure by 1:30.
    Thanks again for a great show.
    Jim

Sherpa
    Had we not had company visiting, I would have gone to watch from the water.
    I'm curious, what kind of problems were there with the event-? I can imagine
    boats wanting to come thru the area, but I'm guessing Sherriff's dept boats
    keep them at bay until a time to let them pass.......... what else-?
    --looks like alot of fun............. I always wanted to go to the formula 1
    outboard races there but haven't yet.
    --Sherpa

MOBrien
    I always wanted to go to the formula 1
    outboard races there but haven't yet.
    --Sherpa
    Do those really happen here? I've lived here for 5 yrs now and haven't heard of any F1 racing going on.......am I missing something?
    Nice work on the event this year Chris. Still don't have a boat that's very appropriate for participating, but I've been going every year with family traveling up from out of town to enjoy it as well. Great times....too bad it's only once a year.
    The jam-packed full day of events on Saturday is a great idea....might even get a cooler evening for the final runs. It'd be more continual action throughout the day too. Just close the river all freakin day 'till it's all done. Also, what happened to the crackerboxes and circle boats? Those are a lot of fun for spectators as well.
    local $.02

KROOZIN
    Chris,
    Awesome event!! I had a great time, it was just too bad that I had to leave sunday morning ( I had to get home and start working on paying off my fuel bills....lol)
    I'm certainly coming back next year
    Thanks for hosting a first class event!

abraman1326
    I think you idea of running everything on SAt is a really good one. As long as it works logisticly, I say go for it. You put on 1 hell of an event. Can't wait till I get a sled that I can bring out and come flyin through the brige w/ some serious speed. It's a great time for all, I tell you. My family really enjoy's all the horsepower on display, along w/ the othere stuff thrown in. My youngest loved the helicopter. In fact, it got him to stop crying after getting sun block in his eyes. The only thing I cansee needed is more publicity. I'd love to see 200 boats out there showing what they got. But you really do throw 1 hell of an event. Congrats...
    BRA

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast