Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Speed

1973 Hondo
    What predictable speed should i see from a 1973 19 ft hondo with a 455 olds and a jacuzzi wj pump, all stock as far as i know? Just a rough guess would be fine, max rpm is about 4500 rpms

Clown
    Dude your not going to want to hear this so I will try to be nice about it
    What you have their is a boat that
    Well it might do 45-50mph if that. On a real GPS
    That pump sucks eek! That motor Blows eek!
    You have gottin a can of worms just waiten to be opened PAL
    Just read some of the other HORROR stories about
    OLDS ENGINES and you will see my point!

mikey-jones
    since we are on the subject of speed what kind of speed should i expect from a
    1970 16' tahiti schuster with a fresh ford 430 stock and bayjet ? F.Y.I motor is rated at 350 hp and 490 lbs of torque i believe it should rev out to atleast 5200 rpm. ...

Clown
    Where do you guys find these old DYNOSOURS!

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
    1973 Hondo:
    What predictable speed should i see from a 1973 19 ft hondo with a 455 olds and a jacuzzi wj pump, all stock as far as i know? Just a rough guess would be fine, max rpm is about 4500 rpms I have the same set up as you do bro and I think my boat was pushing around 54mph. That is not gps but it feels like it. I have a trick for you on that jacuzzi pump to make it work a little better and it only costs around $2.00 from a hardware store. email me and I will give you my # and I will fill you in bro.
    For the guy that has the name "Clown" that should be "ASSCLOWN" dont listen to him because he just flamed me for my 455. If the 455 wasnt a good engin then why did most of the manufacturers put them in the older jets? Look in a boat trader and see how many older boats still have origional 455 olds. You just have to know the limits of a 455 olds. Dont hold the throttle wide open for longer than 5 seconds and I prompse you with the right maintance your motor will go for a long time.
    jus my .02
    396--

Clown
    Exactly my point OLDER boats!
    If it was such a good IDEA dont you think they would
    have stuck with it???????
    Now they are putting Chevy motors in And some Fords
    NO not any Olds!

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
    Clown:
    Exactly my point OLDER boats!
    If it was such a good IDEA dont you think they would
    have stuck with it???????
    Now they are putting Chevy motors in And some Fords
    NO not any Olds! Just because parts are cheaper for people like you that cant afford olds prices.

Clown
    Cheaper is better!
    You can make more Power per dollar
    eek! I'm done smokin the crack rock eek!

marquis486
    Just had to put my input in on the olds subject...Personnelly I'm a die-hard FORD man...Clown I run a 455olds in my jet, but you know that....To give somes stats, and I'm not bragging trust me...This Olds engine was rebuilt in 1990, after the owner got stuck on the sandbar and tried to power out of it, overheating the engine, clown you know where I'm talking about...Anyway the engine was manufactured in 1973...I guess where I'm going with this is 29 years, same motor, same boat...Oh yeah, the pump has never been rebuilt... Just my thought...

malcolm
    Hey Clown, where's the pics of your hot chevy powered ride? My Olds will be around long after you get run off this board!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast