Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 460 Head Upgrade

WATERROCKET
    Blown 472, Sorry for late reply, Have been out of town. I am currantly running 4800 to 5000. Do the cj heads like a lot higher r's to get the hp? Or do i need to sell these and get a set of doves. Are the valves the same size in the doves as what i am running now? sounds like it may be an easer change out with out having to worry about the pistons. jd

Blown 472
    The dove's have 2.08 and 1.66 valves and probably the same size as what you have now. if you checkout www.reincarnation-automotive.com there is a great section on porting. I had cj heads on my jet boat and went to a set of dove's and the boat ran better, just my opinion but I think you would get better velocity with a smaller port. There is also a forum there you can ask all the ford guys as well. The biggest improvement you will make over what you have is raise the compression and a better exhaust port. Keep in mind though you may need guide plates and studs.

WATERROCKET
    Blown 472, Man that was quick, think i will have any problem getting rid of these heads? The doves going to take me to 10 to 1 comp.

Blown 472
    If you post them on that site I told you about they will sell, the truck pull guys like them cuz they turn all kinds of rpm.
    One more thing, you probably have a cj intake on your boat, check the casting numbers on it, if you have the room and you go with the dove's you should consider a weiand stealth intake. Hell I just sold a set of heads, intake, cam and carb.
    [ September 24, 2002, 07:11 AM: Message edited by: Blown 472 ]

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123