Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 1 havasu Councilman is easing off Channel Closure

SHAKEN Not Stirred
    I don't think it's because they're idiots, it's because of their pollution and air quality or lack there of that they bring.
    I KNOW it would be safer for them......
    Cause' if I have to get stuck behind one more of those smokey, stinky friggen lake lice in the Channel again this Summer.....I'm gonna lose it.....
    Oh......and don't get me started on the 68' Evinrude outboard (without the engine cowling) on the back of Cooder Bob's pontoon boat.
    Agrrrrrrr.....
    CJG
    :220v:

shadow
    I have observed people walking in (Havasu Teenagers) drinking and throwing trash all over the channel and nothing happens. Police just drive on by!! In Huntington Beach you do that and you go to jail.
    (Havasu teenagers) Huh? I beg to differ.There are punks from all over not
    Just (Havasu Teenagers).Bet theres No Havasu residents in this pic.
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...80IMG_1463.jpg

SHAKEN Not Stirred
    What ?
    No photo credit ?
    CJG

shadow
    (Havasu teenagers) Huh? I beg to differ.There are punks from all over not
    Just (Havasu Teenagers).Bet theres No Havasu residents in this pic.
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...80IMG_1463.jpg
    My next question is. Where were the cops this day?how come everyone of these cocksuckers didn't get a littering ticket and have to clean up this mess?

UncleLarry
    Yes, I spoke at the call to public at the city council meeting tonite.. will try and get it on line in a day or two. if i may say so i was friggen fantastic.
    nothing brought up at the council meetng regarding this tonite.. mayor asked me some guestions after the meeting.. working hard here....
    will keep you updated.......... over the past 5 days over 1500 letters were collected at the boat protest on sunday and just from boaters who love havasu.. whew.. tired need a another beer..
    I will keep u updated..

shadow
    Nice Larry,I watched on TV.You had em shaken in thier boots.

Ultrafied
    Who needs friends?
    I've got a wife who loves me and 2 Bloodhounds that idolize me.
    Friendship is over-rated anyhow. :hammerhea
    LOL ... very true. In my case, 2 Dobermans ... I can relate.

OGShocker
    Yes, I spoke at the call to public at the city council meeting tonite.. will try and get it on line in a day or two. if i may say so i was friggen fantastic.
    nothing brought up at the council meetng regarding this tonite.. mayor asked me some guestions after the meeting.. working hard here....
    will keep you updated.......... over the past 5 days over 1500 letters were collected at the boat protest on sunday and just from boaters who love havasu.. whew.. tired need a another beer..
    I will keep u updated..
    You, Larry, are a ROCK STAR!

Kilrtoy
    lets get something straight here.
    the C.O.P. or the D.C.O.P. HAS NO CLUE WHAT HE IS TALKING ABOUT....
    HE would not know a gang member, if he walked up and punched him in the face......
    He stated, I will not qoute him, but this is damn close.
    That the CRIPS AND BLOODS are hanging on one side of the channel together
    and on the other side
    the HELLS ANGELS and the MONGOLS are hanging together.
    Now Im pretty sure ALMOST all of you know enough, to know that this type of activity WOULD NEVER HAPPEN OUTSIDE OF PRISON WALLS......
    This city offical is sckewing the truth and creating an enviroment of fear among the residents...
    I am here to tell you this is not happening...
    Are G.M.s visiting the river, YES THEY ARE, but not in the manners described by this city offical.

Havasu_Dreamin
    Couple of thoughts......
    1. Ban PWCs from the channel, and bans on other boats will follow. As was pointed out, a big block will produce many times more CO than PWCs will. Those will be next.
    2. The PWC rental industry in Havasu will have the Councils' heads on a platter.
    3. Enhanced fines may hit the violator in the wallet harder, but I guarantee, that any extra fine money WILL NOT find its way to the Police Department. Havasu already is the highest paying Department in western Arizona, and they are in the process of adding some 25 new positions over the next 5 years. However, like nearly all rural Departments in this State, they are having trouble attracting new Officers, due to growth in the Central areas (Phoenix metro) and the higher salaries they offer.
    Even if the fine money went straight to the PD, it wouldn't be enough to pay for even one Officer for one year. It would take the city's share of around 1,000 DUIs/OUIs to pay for the training and retention of just one officer.
    Besides. Fines are set by State law, and local jurisdictions don't have much (if any) latitude in increasing fines above what the law allows.
    4. Any action taken will be met by a backlash from one or more groups. They will never make everyone happy.
    My own feelings on the subject are, and always have been.....what if the situation was reversed? What if a bunch of people came to your neighborhood park every weekend, and sped up and down the streets with un-muffled cars and bikes all day and all night. Drinking and yelling, blaring music and flashing breasts, butts and everything else. Having sex on the hoods of the cars and picnic tables. Leaving beer/booze/wine cans/bottles/etc. laying all over the place. Using the playground monkey bars as stripper poles, and then told YOU that if you didn't want (or didn't want your kids) to see that kind of stuff, then go somewhere else.
    Now some of the members of this forum wouldn't dream of doing that to our lakes and rivers. But some of them also couldn't care less, as long as they have a "good time", and come out here strictly for the "action" described above.
    Those are the ones ruining it for everyone else. And those are the ones the City and (believe it or not) the majority of residents of Lake Havasu City want gone.
    Exactly! As always, BC is right on the money.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast