Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: 1 havasu Councilman is easing off Channel Closure

bigkatboat
    Sir! BC is so f^(king lost that it's hard to believe he actually patrols the same river! The Havasu city cops don't do one ounce of work that is not actually required. They make themselves 'scarce', so that when an auto accident happens, (due to boredom they rush) 8 to 12 cars with 16 to 20 bodies to stand around and BS, and "secure" the area. Look in the local paper, they report about 25% of the actual crime that goes on here. When a "B&E" or a car theft occurs the police don't even take fingerprints! How in the hell do you 'tie' all of the crimes together if you have no evidence???? The police patrol "cars for sale on the street corner" one week and then three weeks later let THE SAME CARS DO THE SAME THING FOR OVER 8 MONTHS!!! The LHPD is understaffed and overworked! The chief is not vocal about his problems, I don't know why? But the officers that I have come in contact with say that this department is not up to 'normal standards'. You may say it is the "highest paying on the west coast of Az." but that does not make it EFFICIENT, nor EFFECTIVE! If the "pay is so great" why aren't you here instead of Parker?

LakeRacer
    Sir! BC is so f^(king lost that it's hard to believe he actually patrols the same river! The Havasu city cops don't do one ounce of work that is not actually required. They make themselves 'scarce', so that when an auto accident happens, (due to boredom they rush) 8 to 12 cars with 16 to 20 bodies to stand around and BS, and "secure" the area. Look in the local paper, they report about 25% of the actual crime that goes on here. When a "B&E" or a car theft occurs the police don't even take fingerprints! How in the hell do you 'tie' all of the crimes together if you have no evidence???? The police patrol "cars for sale on the street corner" one week and then three weeks later let THE SAME CARS DO THE SAME THING FOR OVER 8 MONTHS!!! The LHPD is understaffed and overworked! The chief is not vocal about his problems, I don't know why? But the officers that I have come in contact with say that this department is not up to 'normal standards'. You may say it is the "highest paying on the west coast of Az." but that does not make it EFFICIENT, nor EFFECTIVE! If the "pay is so great" why aren't you here instead of Parker?
    Lighten up dude! Boat Cop is just giving us another perspective. Money isn't everything and It's pretty obvious that Boat Cop is happy where he is at for the simple fact that he hasn't taken a job with LHCPD. And if the cops in Havasu are that bad take it up with the Havasu Police Chief....that would be a whole lot better than raggin' on Boat Cop who's in a different jurisdiction.

Boatcop
    If the "pay is so great" why aren't you here instead of Parker?
    Because with my pay level, longevity and position, I would take a cut going to LHC to be a patrol officer.
    See! Ask a question and you get a civil, proper answer. No need to flame you, or question your motives or demean you in any way.
    You do a good enough job of that yourself.

purrfecttremor
    Well put Alan!! :hammerhea

Ultrafied
    Because with my pay level, longevity and position, I would take a cut going to LHC to be a patrol officer.
    See! Ask a question and you get a civil, proper answer. No need to flame you, or question your motives or demean you in any way.
    You do a good enough job of that yourself.
    ROFL ..... very PC, Alan. You crack me up.

BoatPI
    We have two issues here, both are pelated.
    First, LHPD in too inbread. They need more training from outside of Mohave County. Secondly, the Department is way too top heavy. Why do you need a Chief, Assistant Chief, and a Captain for such a small PD? Answer, take care of your friends for retirement!
    They have many hard working officers, but as pointed out additional training in gang identification, and a smarter way of doing business in the channel during holidays is needed. the use of undercover officers to be used as spotters of serious violations, is necessary. Then bring in the arrest teams and extract the problem quietly as the observations were acomplished by the UC officers. Basic stuff.
    A mass booking system onsite is needed. With few officers, a quick turn around is necesary. Basic large crowd control stuff. Itentify the major obvious problem peeps, and extract them.
    As we all know peeps will come up yo us in the channel and try to bum a beer, etc. NOOOOO!! Many of these are the low lifes that drive to the channel in a $500 car, sleep in the sand, and stay drunk and loaded, acting like an idiot and dumping cans, trash, dissing folks, in the channel. Just like they do at home. It is what it is, not much changes.
    One mans opinion and 30 years of observation in the channel.

KLEPTOW
    "Now I'm on a roll" or since I'm talking about cops should I say donut? Anyway, "Mr. Riodog" there are many laws already on the books and the people who are commiting violations of these laws are not being arrested. Only 5 or 6 years ago, the channel was a calm place. (even big weekends), As other "hot spots" were being restricted the channel started filling up. As more people came, more often laws were being pushed/ broken and less arrests per number of violations seemed to 'take over' as the norm. Today, we have some "rough crowds, and a very heavy handed mayor who thinks he is going to "right all the wrongs" being done in the channel as well as the entire city. The only thing 'wrong' is the laws on the books are not being enforced! These are LAWS, not "opinions", and we "don't need no stinkin' concensus".
    Just about the time that the Sand Bar was closed on Holiday weekends.
    Open the Sand Bar up and let all of the LE Agency help with the masive crowds that come out to Boat.

02HoWaRd26
    Do they understand that the boats and boaters of course are what keep that town from drying up to a ghost town

Havasu Cig
    My take on the comments regarding problems in the channel and request for solutions from the P.D.
    I was involved in Law Enforcement for 11 years, and Havasu P.D. from my perspective has very few problems in the channel for the size of the crowds they are dealing with. I worked in a very busy and violent city, and anytime we had even a fraction of the crowds they have in the Channel on any given weekend there would almost always be some violent crime (shootings, stabbings, etc...). In the many years I have been going to Havasu I have only witnessed a few fights, and none involving weapons. I know it happens, but I think they are rare.
    On the big weekends Havasu P.D. has help from many other agencies, and they don't seem to be working that hard IMO. On any given night in the city I worked in I would be backed up 5-15 calls for service which meant you could not sit around like you see the officers out there doing. I am not trying to get down on the officers out there, but if they think they have problems and can't handle the work load, I don't think they know what it is like to have a sunbstantial work load.
    I was talking to a guy that lives out there who retired from a neighboring city P.D. out here in So.Cal. that I worked in and he said they have no idea out there what it is like to really have to work. His son is a Havasu P.D. officer so I think he has some good perspective on the situation.
    IMO they don't really have a problem out there. I wish they would jack up some of the gang members more than they do, but I really don't see an overwhelming problem out there. When I see the officers rolling out there from call to call then I would agree that they have a problem. When they have time to kick back on golf carts, and stop people for minor infractions or safety checks I don't see a problem. My.02

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345