Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: jetboat drive shafts..

Is the 1350 drive shaft the only NEW drive shaft besides the 1310 availible for a jetboat these days or are there others? How long are these shafts?

Those are the only two sizes I have seen or heard of. In case you weren't aware, the 1350 and 1310 refer to the Spicer u-joint size. The 1350 shaft is 7 3/4"long and the 1310 is 7 1/2" long, according to the info at Rex Marine. Those shafts require the use of a PTO.
    Is there a particular reason you ask?

Just trying to get a idea of if my shaft is just as long as the 1350 with the PTO flange. My drive line is the old one that doesn't require a PTO flange and I'm mocking up my kit so just hoping that if something ever does happen to my drive line (other than u-joints) i wont have to move the motor and drill extra holes... I'm going to guess I'm not going to be that lucky but I'll take a measurement tomorrow.

snake321
    8 3/4 (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/CHEVY...Z004QQcategory Z124104QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem) I saw a longer shaft on e-bay this morning

Duane HTP
    The shaft you have is a good shaft but no longer produced. IT IS ABOUT 3/4" SHORTER THAN ANYTHING ELSE ON THE MARKET THAT i KNOW OF. We make and sell a special shaft that we put in all of our new boats that sets the engine forward just enough to install a Jetaway. Then later down the road when someone decides to install a Jetaway, all they have to do is take out our shaft and the standard 1310 will fit right in it's place without having to move the motor or anything.

BrendellaJet
    The shaft you have is a good shaft but no longer produced. IT IS ABOUT 3/4" SHORTER THAN ANYTHING ELSE ON THE MARKET THAT i KNOW OF. We make and sell a special shaft that we put in all of our new boats that sets the engine forward just enough to install a Jetaway. Then later down the road when someone decides to install a Jetaway, all they have to do is take out our shaft and the standard 1310 will fit right in it's place without having to move the motor or anything.
    got any pics?

Duane,
    replaced with the 1310 shaft? Is that what most jets are running, figured we needed the 1350 shafts...

Duane HTP
    Shaun Yes,
    Brendella Jet I'll look for picture. If I don't find one, I'll take one tomorrow.

Duane HTP
    I found one.
    http://www.hi-techperformance.com/im...e_Shaft_64.jpg
    This picture compares the standard 1310 shaft to the one we make. When a boat is put together with our shaft, you can add a Jetaway at any time without moving the engine or anything by just changing to the standard shaft.

BrendellaJet
    Duane what kind of power have you put to yours? Interested in price.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast