Thread: Gasoline Vapor

BrendellaJet
    I filled up late saturday night, thinking I was going to make a test run to Elsinore to try out my new ignition. I decided that since their were so many dead fish that I would wait a week. Question: The garage smells a little bit like gas fumes, any fear of them igniting from the water heater? I dont want my boat or my house going up in flames.

gnarley
    Smell gas fumes & a hot water heater in the garage. Hmmmm...... let me think

I wouldn't worry too much about a fire, I would worry more about an explosion. eek!

78Eliminator
    BrendellaJet:
    I filled up late saturday night, thinking I was going to make a test run to Elsinore to try out my new ignition. I decided that since their were so many dead fish that I would wait a week. Question: The garage smells a little bit like gas fumes, any fear of them igniting from the water heater? I dont want my boat or my house going up in flames.OPEN YOUR GARAGE NOW! OPEN IT MANUALLY WITHOUT THE AUTO DOOR OPENER. DON'T TURN ON THE LIGHTS. GET MY DRIFT? NOTHING ELECTRIC!
    I LIKE ALL CAPS....

spectras only
    I'd call Dick Danger to stand by with his equipment eek!

CoastGuardSteve
    Gasoline fumes can be ignited up to 25' away from the vapor source. If you can smell it, it will burn. Do your family a favor and air that sucker out. DO NOT use a fan. Just be sure to ensure that there are no known ignition sources that could light this mix up.
    Be careful out there,
    Steve