Thread: Need help for Sony Remotes and ALPINE head unit with ShockwaveBOB interface

38special
    I need help. I ordered an interface from ShockwaveBOB. I received it. It worked initially. I had somone from a local shop where I live install the head unit and cut holes in the fiberglass to mount the new Sony Remote which were controlled by the interface I mentioned above. Long story short I think he must have press the program button and reset it. The remotes no longer work and I have not been able to get ShockwaveBOB to tell me how to contact him to send it back or to send me instruction to reprogram the interface. His IM bucket is full. I am hosed. I haven't had remotes for 2 months. I have go down into the cabin to adjust even the volume. I NEED HELP. Anybody know how to reprogram on of his remote interfaces?

1manshow
    Try transonic in upland ca, i tried a number of times to get them to send me a new interface because mine never worked and three months later still no part

ROZ
    He's in mo ...

It's all Good
    Anybody know how to reprogram on of his remote interfaces?
    Check your PMs.

phebus
    Very easy to reprogram. Contact Frank at Car Toyz (The BEST stereo shop in Havasu), and I'm sure he will walk you through it. I don't have his number on me right now, but if you do a search of Car Toyz, you will find it easy.

Mr. Naudio
    1) Power up the SC-1( The Box You Got From Bob)
    2) Use a pen to depress and hold one of the buttons on the MRC-2 or Sony Commander. Continue to hold the button until the left LED turns off. Release the button and the ri ght LEd turns on.
    4)Place the stereo's IR remote within 3" of the :IR Iput" port on the SC-1 next to the program button. Press and hold the remote's button that corresponds to the button that was pressed on the Commander. Continue to hold the remote's button until the right LED turns Off. Release the button and the LEft LED will turn on.
    5)Repeat steps 3 and 4 until all Commander button funtions are programmed. note: Some funtions will not be used on the Commander due to the amount of funtions or lack of a specific fuction on the wireless remote.
    6)When programming is complete, wait 7 seconds and both LED's will flash 3 times. This indicates an automatic program exit. Do not stop more than 7 seconds while programming or there will be an automatic program exit and you will have to start over at step number 2 above. Powering down the SC-1 before the automatic exit will require starting over at step 2 above. Yhe SC-1 can be reprogrammed unlimited times.
    928-680-0203

38special
    Heading to the lake for a big weekend I will give it a try. I printed of the instructions from the PM message from It's all good. I really appreciate it. I will let you all know when I get back next week. Thanks again.

Mr. Naudio
    Are you saying you didn't receive the new unit?
    let me know if one of your peeps needs one in havasu we have a couple in stock

1manshow
    Are you saying you didn't receive the new unit?
    Thats correct. Do you have a tracking # ?? Did it get shipped to chris's shop??