Thread: cleaning

Diablo54
    So what are you guys using to clean the boats and keep them looking good??

victorfb
    after a day on the water i wipe it down with vinager and water. this removes the wax aswell, so youll need to re apply a wax of your choice. but the vinager and water removes all the hard water spots very well.

Taylorman
    I use 409 on everything. When i pull it out of the water i spray the whole boat down and wipe it off with a soft cloth. Gets all the water spots off. I use it on my engine and powercoated parts also.

El Prosecutor
    Simple Green diluted with hot water works great on the vinyl. Gently scrub with a green Scotch-Brite pad, rinse with clean wet towel.

GunninGopher
    I've got a trick that makes the boat look brand new. I've never told anyone either, but its time to let the cat out of the bag.
    My '79 day cruiser has the artificial wood grain and metal flake that was dull as heck. My old jet had the same problem with its blue metal flake gel. I never wanted to go the wet sanding and/or refinishing route, and only found 1 product to use after washing that would make them look decent.
    Lemon Pledge
    That's right, the same stuff you used to spray on the linoleum before you did some break dancing. Don't laugh, I swear it works. I used it on my old boat for years and always got compliments on how good it looked. Just 1 week ago someone thought that my Cruiser had been garaged its whole life, and it looked like crap before the Pledge treatement.

junkyardhunter
    is that the spray or the stuff in the bottle

GunninGopher
    is that the spray or the stuff in the bottle
    The aerosol can one is what I've always used.

james
    I have all white interior. When I bought the boat the seats needed a big scub down, and what I found that works the best with no perfume smell is (OXY CLEAN). Mix some in an old spray bottle with some water and about a half scoop of oxy clean and you will be pleased. Hands down this stuff is the best.............

DILLIGAF
    Here is a thread with good info for you:
    http://www.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=121164

riverbound
    I have also used the pledge treatment on my old boat and it does work very well.
    I currently have been using the dri wash products that magic 34 sells. but I think I might be going back to the lemon pledge treatment I used on my old boat.