Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Pre-SPAM. Thinking of selling my 18' Spectra

stashtrey
    This could be a real steal for someone that has the means to work on a 460 Ford.
    Currently the engine runs. Starts up just fine. There is an issue with the oil pressure and a leak that I cannot figure out. I honestly haven't tried to really narrow it down as I'm just not the most mechanically inclined person.
    Some info on the boat...
    18' 1977 Spectra
    New carpet.
    Upholstery is good aside from the drivers seat which could use a rebuild.
    Matching bimini top
    Foto Tandem trailer. New wiring. Tires are good, nice rims. Could use paint but works great.
    New steering cable
    New Holley mechanical fuel pump
    New fuel lines
    New marine alternator
    New mini-type marine starter
    New Mallory distributor (no points)
    MSD Coil
    New Edelbrock 650 Marine Carb
    New bilge blower
    New Grant classic wood-grain steering wheel
    Berkeley JE Pump
    The boat looks great. There is spider webbing in the gel coat in various places but no stress cracks. It was painted prior to me buying it and I think it looks nice but if you want to get down and start inspecting you will see the imperfections. The bottom could be re-gel'd.
    It has a matching swim platform and the cool looking engine cover.
    This is a 30 year old boat. It has it's imperfections.
    It'd be perfect for someone that has the ability to really work on it and give the engine some love. I tried but I've hit the wall and my wife is riding me to look for something a bit more tame and something I'm not going to be spending so much time trying to upgrade everything.
    I've spent quite a bit of money in the last year doing little things. It's not a show boat.... but look at the pictures.
    http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2005-...6riverside.JPG
    http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2005-...riverfront.JPG
    http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2005-...6riverback.JPG
    http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2005-...62506River.JPG

DILLIGAF
    How much are you selling it for?

stashtrey
    That would help, wouldn't it?
    I'd like to get $4800 if I can... that is exactly what I paid for it before I added all those new parts/upgrades.
    I'm completely open to offers.
    Please tell me if you think I'm way off base here. I'm not looking to make any money...

DILLIGAF
    That would help, wouldn't it?
    I'd like to get $4800 if I can... that is exactly what I paid for it before I added all those new parts/upgrades.
    I'm completely open to offers.
    Please tell me if you think I'm way off base here. I'm not looking to make any money...
    I think it is an appropriate price. I just bought one for my son and put money into it.

stashtrey
    Thanks, Dilligaf. I appreciate the input.
    Just trying to see if there is any interest. :boxed:

Hustler
    What kinda motor is it and what do mean by oil pressure problem? Some one could be buying a dead motor or one that is getting close.

stashtrey
    Last time I had it out (Saturday) I left the dock, engine (460 Ford, stock) was running fine...starts no problem... oil pressure was down to around 10psi and the needle was flipping around a little. Took it up in the rpm's a little to see if the pressure would come up... it bounced around but never got over 20 psi. At that time I brought the boat back in.
    I put it on the trailer and several hours late I started it.... pressure went up to 40psi and stayed there... then dropped down to roughly 15-20.
    As I mentioned initially.... I have no idea what the problem is. There is an oil leak but I can't locate where it's coming from. This is why I stressed that it would be good for someone that knows engines and has the means to diagnose and fix something like this. I'm not looking to rip anyone off..... not at all.
    The engine starts just fine. It sounds good.... but the oil pressure is the issue. I'm planning on changing the oil/filter this weekend and will try to see if the pressure comes back. For all I know it could just be the gauge. The gauges are old. I haven't had time to even begin to try to figure it out.

lucky
    Last time I had it out (Saturday) I left the dock, engine (460 Ford, stock) was running fine...starts no problem... oil pressure was down to around 10psi and the needle was flipping around a little. Took it up in the rpm's a little to see if the pressure would come up... it bounced around but never got over 20 psi. At that time I brought the boat back in.
    I put it on the trailer and several hours late I started it.... pressure went up to 40psi and stayed there... then dropped down to roughly 15-20.
    As I mentioned initially.... I have no idea what the problem is. There is an oil leak but I can't locate where it's coming from. This is why I stressed that it would be good for someone that knows engines and has the means to diagnose and fix something like this. I'm not looking to rip anyone off..... not at all.
    The engine starts just fine. It sounds good.... but the oil pressure is the issue. I'm planning on changing the oil/filter this weekend and will try to see if the pressure comes back. For all I know it could just be the gauge. The gauges are old. I haven't had time to even begin to try to figure it out.
    check you connection at your Junction box ( assuming you have an electric gauge ) they get brittle and give bad readings - also check your ground for that guage ( behind guage ) might be simple

bruddah
    at first i thought this was trumptight's. looks almost exactly the same.great looking boat.

DILLIGAF
    You might want to take a look around on this site for some input/interested parties:
    http://www.spectramarine.com/

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast