Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: curious about Kathrins Landing launch time

lewiville
    I was thinking about hitting the old stomping grounds and head out to Kathrins Landing for a weekend and was curious about the launch line wait time. How long is the wait now?

Water Romper
    Launching on the weekends is a nightmare…
    We launched both Sat and Sun at 7:00am and waited only about 10-15 minutes, however when we got out of the water at 9:00pm (both nights) we waited about 2 hours on Sat an hour on Sun to retrieve the boat.
    People were civil in the morning but the alcohol and heat had taken it’s toll by night fall and there were idiots everywhere.
    The lake lice were everywhere clogging the ramp and dock taking literally 30 minutes to get their crap and ski loaded…this was after their tow vehicle had waited hours in line.
    Have fun.

Dan Lorenze
    I've waited an hour on a Saturday before... :crossx: I hear that 7:30am and before should get you right on the water..

MRSDRMCAT
    OH SHIAT!!! It is a nightmare on Saturdays!! Waiting time can be over an hour on a Saturday around 5 o'clock!! GOOD LUCK

lewiville
    what happen to the other ramp in the dirt? it is the ramp next to kathrins.

AirtimeLavey
    what happen to the other ramp in the dirt? it is the ramp next to kathrins.
    That's telephone cove. I haven't launched there in over a year, but hadn't heard it was closed. Watch out for the holes! You'll need 4x if you get stuck in one.
    We launched late (10a) on Sun. in about 30 min., and retrieved at 5p in about 45min. Not too bad.

Water Romper
    Last week I inquired about Telephone Cove at the pay station, I heard a rumor it was paved… WRONG :cry:
    It’s still a dirty, bumpy road and the ramp is STEEP.

lewiville
    That's telephone cove. I haven't launched there in over a year, but hadn't heard it was closed. Watch out for the holes! You'll need 4x if you get stuck in one.
    We launched late (10a) on Sun. in about 30 min., and retrieved at 5p in about 45min. Not too bad.
    So if I have a f250 v10 4x4 launching a 22' deep v, I should be fine.
    I hate waiting in line. I remember when I used to go there and it was a 30 min wait at 8am. Again, that was 19 years ago.

Trailer Park Casanova
    It's always bad,, all the time in the summer.
    Go to Cottonwood, launch before 9 AM.
    Like Launching from the most excellent place in the bahamas,, like ya died and woke up in boaters heaven.
    Worth the drive up there.

Mandelon
    That place is a nightmare. Plan on dinner and drinks in the restaurant until way late.....

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast