Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Rockstar (the energy drink) almost killed my friend.............

barbigrl
    Just got a phone call from a good friend of mine that I have not spoken to in quite some time........he just spent two weeks in the hospital for bleeding on the brain. After just three sips of Rockstar (which he has drank in the past) he lost all strength in his legs and collapsed. Of course at the time he did not contribute to the drink. His brother helped back to his feet in which he collapsed again. They took him to the ER.....he started to lose motor skills. They contributed it to dehydration and sent him home. a few days later after another drink of Rockstar he collapsed again. They again took him to the ER where another Dr. did an eye test....and he described it as if the light was burning all the way to the back of his skull. At that moment they admitted and began running a series of neurological tests. He was on the verge of having a stroke and his blood pressure was skyrocketing. He told them he had that drink. He is about the 10h patient this hospital has seen with this problem. They had one guy come in a few weeks before for having a stroke after drinking a monster. He did not make it! just thought I would spread the word! I know a lot of kids drink them as well! I know I won't again!

JB in so cal
    3 friggen sips?????????

blown dough
    Wow that's awful, I have a diet rockstar every now and then, maybe I should re-think that.

voodoomedman
    Hmmmmm. Just bought a case at Sam's. Rarely drink them though and I have good nutrition and keep hydrated with gatorade, juice or water. I wonder if that makes a difference. Hope your friend is okay and everything turns out well.
    Just got a phone call from a good friend of mine that I have not spoken to in quite some time........he just spent two weeks in the hospital for bleeding on the brain. After just three sips of Rockstar (which he has drank in the past) he lost all strength in his legs and collapsed. Of course at the time he did not contribute to the drink. His brother helped back to his feet in which he collapsed again. They took him to the ER.....he started to lose motor skills. They contributed it to dehydration and sent him home. a few days later after another drink of Rockstar he collapsed again. They again took him to the ER where another Dr. did an eye test....and he described it as if the light was burning all the way to the back of his skull. At that moment they admitted and began running a series of neurological tests. He was on the verge of having a stroke and his blood pressure was skyrocketing. He told them he had that drink. He is about the 10h patient this hospital has seen with this problem. They had one guy come in a few weeks before for having a stroke after drinking a monster. He did not make it! just thought I would spread the word! I know a lot of kids drink them as well! I know I won't again!

barbigrl
    3 friggen sips?????????
    Thats what I said.....he swears to it! I have known him for about 15 years....a liar he is not!

Kilrtoy
    Sorry to hear about your friend, BUT I cant buy the ROCKSTAR theory....

NOTALENT
    Damn...Sorry to hear that Mellissa. I drink one a day in the morning, but recently have been feeling weird...like hard to breathe at times...It only happens when I drink them. I am now trying to stay away from them. That is scary stuff....kind of like the ephederine effect. I probably shoudnt be drinking anything after the liver damage.

pixilatedpussy
    hmmm??? Sounds strange....but thanks for the info! Hope your friend is doing well.

NOTALENT
    Hmmmmm. Just bought a case at Sam's. Rarely drink them though and I have good nutrition and keep hydrated with gatorade, juice or water. I wonder if that makes a difference. Hope your friend is okay and everything turns out well.
    I dont know....If you saw my gym bag filled with vitamins and minerals and all the healthy shit I take and drink about 2 gallons a day in water you'd be suprised..I still feel bad when I drink them....What sucks is its my favorite drink!!!

Acommanderguy
    wow that is crazy! I hope he is ok. I need to rethink what I drink, bc I drink those things everyday

Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast