Thread: Ipod/sirius/sony remote??

1manshow
    Using a sony head unit with three remotes, is it possible to run an ipod and sirius through the same head unit?

Jyruiz
    If you are using the unilink remotes, then you might have to get a Sony XA-C30 and now you can add a Connects2USA MSC-02 (http://www.crutchfield.com/S-qMN0usP...pod&i=634MSC02) to control the iPod from the remotes.

1manshow
    If you are using the unilink remotes, then you might have to get a Sony XA-C30 and now you can add a Connects2USA MSC-02 (http://www.crutchfield.com/S-qMN0usP...pod&i=634MSC02) to control the iPod from the remotes.
    I am going to be using the access technologies remotes. Would i still need the xac30?

PACKERFAN
    If I have the round digital display Sony remote, will I be able to control the ipod with the remote and will the track info be displayed on the remote?

Jyruiz
    I am going to be using the access technologies remotes. Would i still need the xac30?
    No, but you if you ever want to add any other unilink devices you will.

Jyruiz
    If I have the round digital display Sony remote, will I be able to control the ipod with the remote and will the track info be displayed on the remote?
    Yes, with the xac30 but I have not confirmed if it will display the iPod info thru the display.

h2oski2fast
    More then likely it will display disc #(which would be playlist) and track. It will not display track info (just track #)