Thread: V-6 Block

SeaYaBye
    Need to find a 4.3 Chev [Volvo] engine block. It's out of a 89 Sunrunner 19' Volvo-Pent Duoprop. Just need the block and of course, don't want to over-pay!! Thanks!! T.R.C

Bondo
    Go to your local junk yard,+ get a chevy pickup block of the same vintage.....i gave $100. for mine.... 1998, Clean stock bores....

SeaYaBye
    Bondo...Thanks for the reply! Did you find any differances in the two blocks [fuel pump holes..etc] Did you re-use all your internal and external stuff or did you have to change anything? Thanks T.R.C.

Bondo
    In my expierence, there's two blocks out there... the older one, with a mechanical fuel pump,+ 2 shafts(crank,+cam)(i have one needing a rebuild)... the 1 i needed has NO fuel pump port,+ has a third counterbalance shaft(spins just above the cam).......
    when i did mine, i put them on engine stands,+ swapped all the merc. parts into/ onto the new block... everything fits perfectly(Has Too, They're the same block)......

SeaYaBye
    Bondo..Thanks for the info..I guess it's off to the junkyard for fun and games. Mine is the older style block with the mechanical pump and no counter-balance. Hope I can find something! Thanks for your help!! T.R.C.