Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Miami Vice

slcbaker
    Please do not get your hopes up. The other magazine that is sent to my home had a full articale on how it was filmed, opening scene, and it looked as if it was going to have some huge ass boat race. I thought it was going to have a staged race scene, well at least that is what I saw in the preveiw of the trailer for this movie. So I was at the first showing today all hyped up. Hoping for a cool shoot out and a plot that drew you in. Do not get me wrong the boats in it are sick and the filming is great, but was just hoping for some cool race scene to un fold on the big screen. However may be my hopes were set to high and the preveiw was just that. Let me know what you all think if any one ventures to check it out. All in all just had to bitch about it. Made me feel better.

Cole Trickle
    Too bad you didn't read this thread earlier it gave us an inside tip about the cutting of the boat scenes :cry:
    www.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=122973

slcbaker
    Talk aout hacking. My hopes are were crushed all I wanted to see were some actual race scences on the big screen.

slcbaker
    Shold have read that first. Oh well maybe when it comes out on DVD it will be un cut. What the F had the Mann hacking those out. I beat that John Tomolson and every one else that tryed to make this movie great in a boaters eyes is pissed off. OK I am done ranting.

sbcokeman
    sorry about hooking onto your post , i'm new to this stuff , how do i post a question to all people. thanks for any help to navigating this site. :cry:

SHAKEN Not Stirred
    "Last night was the big primere of Miami Vice. Some of us that had our boats used in the movie were invited. Before the movie started Michael Mann went to the stage to say a few words. He started by saying what a wonderful city Miami is, Blah blah blah. Then he said how he had to make some of the most difficult decisions of his career. He said after a lot of work and effort by a lot of people, he regretted to say all of the boat race scenes were chopped from the movie. He said it was some of the best footage they had and it was some of the most time consuming filming of the whole move. 2.7 million dollars in the toilet. The only race boat scene in the whole movie is Jamie fox getting into the MTI and taking the girl to Cuba for lunch. Thats it!.
    All of the 100 degree days waiting for filming to start was a waste of time. All the months of waiting for the movie to come out and this is what they do to it.
    If you want to see a movie with a lot of shoot out scenes like every other movie, this is it. If you want to see a movie with cool boat scenes, forget it!!! I'm so disapointed.
    He did say however, some of the footage will be at the end of the movie on the DVD only."
    Man....This Sucks !!!!
    CJG
    :cry:

SHAKEN Not Stirred
    Well....
    I the wife and I went to see it anyway......
    It was actually good.......Not great, but good....
    The footage of the "Run to Cuba" in the MTI was cool.....
    Later,
    CJG

I would like to thank all of you for ruining an already shitty movie
    -beerjet-

DeeCandyBar
    funny i thought it was called miami vice not offshore racing

RitcheyRch
    Im going to go see it today at 10:45

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast