Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: If channel were closed to mooring.....

77charger
    Havasu aint the only lake around so i wont miss it much.I guess for some they will actually have to drive thier boats around vs sittin all day in the channel :argue:

Havasu Hangin'
    I'm going to Parker!

Tom Brown
    If they close the channel, I will start boating at Katepwa regularly.

Ziggy
    There is life beyond the channel. :rollside:
    My only fear is what others have said on these boards - the riff raff from the channel would then congregate in the the other areas that we enjoy.
    I don't think the riff raff that is more the root of the problem could swim that far.....those wallet chains will drown 'em fast.
    The city would learn quickly who is leaving the trash behind...and probably come up with some other ordinance to fix that too.

Havasu_Dreamin
    The thing that blows me away is that they say the channel should be there for the community to use. Well, closing it to mooring removes the usage of it for the local boaters as well.

That Guy
    The sad thing is that many of us own homes there and have established some set of "roots".... I don't want to have to decide...I just want the mayor to wake up and take a basic economics class and do what is right for the city and not his own personal agenda.

Captain Dan
    I don't think the riff raff that is more the root of the problem could swim that far.....those wallet chains will drown 'em fast.
    The city would learn quickly who is leaving the trash behind...and probably come up with some other ordinance to fix that too.
    That's a good point. I was actually referring to the riff raff in boats that would inundate other areas.
    No mooring would certainly leave those wallet chained persons out in the open for easy viewing by LE.

djunkie
    There's other places on Havi to gather. I'd still be there.
    Exactly. Hell I rarely even go anywhere near the channel on busy weekends.

djunkie
    We spend most of our time at the south end of the lake. We don't venture to the channel all that often.
    SHHHHH!!!!!! There is NO south end of the lake.

jbtrailerjim
    I'll still go but I will be bummed if they close it. The wife and I enjoy hanging out in there.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast