Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: If channel were closed to mooring.....

Biglue
    The channel can be a cool hang out but not a necessity. There is plenty of waterway to hang out on.

mbrown2
    Interesting poll.....50% so far would keep going....
    I think Poll, if viewed by the city, gives a little bit more steam to their initiative to shut it down.
    I don't think it should shut down and I think those that boat on the lake regularly should defend keeping it open, but the way this poll goes and reflects does not really promote the opposition to closing it down.
    Maybe the poll should be changed to reflect the feelings of those that would still like to moor vesus not mooring...ie: vote on options to control the chaos, or regulate it better....my .02

slowinhavasu
    Thanks to everyone for the responses, Im getting ready to go to to the council meeting right now to show my support for not closing the channel. I think public education is the key...more on that later....I'll try and give a update on my return....

Havasu_Dreamin
    Interesting poll.....50% so far would keep going....
    I think Poll, if viewed by the city, gives a little bit more steam to their initiative to shut it down.
    I don't think it should shut down and I think those that boat on the lake regularly should defend keeping it open, but the way this poll goes and reflects does not really promote the opposition to closing it down.
    Maybe the poll should be changed to reflect the feelings of those that would still like to moor vesus not mooring...ie: vote on options to control the chaos, or regulate it better....my .02
    Excellent points. There is no doubt in my mind that the businesses local to the channel would suffer, but the town as a whole probably would not.
    Pretty much everyone here is against closing it down so what are the suggestions to controlling the chaos that the cty wants to avoid?

Nord
    I hardly hang out at he Channel when i go to the Zoo anymore anyways, no loss here!!

Essex502
    We don't often go into the channel so closing it doesn't affect us too much. But...it is a very stoopid <sp> idea to close it. Those of us that own property there and pay taxes there and shop there and build houses there deserve to maximize our investments there and closing it WILL affect business.

GHT
    I would continue to boat Havasu but just not as much... I would definately visit other areas more often... Alot more time at Moabi too..

HavasuHome
    I do not think closing the chanel is the answer. When we do go to the chanel it is only for a short period of time. I prefer to go to Steamboat or someplace else on the lake or upriver.

Mandelon
    I enjoy spending time there. Watching the nice boats and interesting passengers.... :crossx:
    On windy days, those of us with smaller boats can't go many other places.... :yuk: Like last Memorial I think....it was packed cuz it was so windy. Maybe they should legislate against windy days.

Throttle
    I enjoy spending time there. Watching the nice boats and interesting passengers.... :crossx:
    On windy days, those of us with smaller boats can't go many other places.... :yuk: Like last Memorial I think....it was packed cuz it was so windy. Maybe they should legislate against windy days.
    the is the best so far, i hate the wind! sometimes! mostly! well I could do without the windy days!

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast